Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021

Friday March 19th 6pm EST / 3pm Pacific Canada vs El Salvador

Monday, March 22nd 6pm EST / 3pm Pacific Canada vs Haiti

Thursday March 25th 11pm EST / 8pm Pacific Canada vs Honduras (new updated time?)

The schedule can be found here:

https://www.concacaf.com/en/olympics-qualifying-men/article/2020-concacaf-men-s-olympic-qualifying-final-rosters-confirmed

All 20-man rosters can be found here:

https://mcusercontent.com/78d3589fb61466b549ff752e5/files/67be1584-4fbd-46c9-bc70-dad0332eaf66/MOQ_Final_Rosters.pdf

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Or the camp could be combined at a discounted rate!!!

I'm actually okay if this does happen during this time (January) even if its not a FIFA window. Not a lot of leagues are playing during that time. So it'll be beneficial for Canada to build the best squad capable. 

It could be beneficial for a lot of players, some returning, and some starting their leagues....Ultimately I don't know, I see it as a good thing for the U23, but it may come at the expense of a camp poutine.  

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

does this allow us to stack our Olympic team?

It would seem that there is a chance but the tournament will run longer than the FIFA dates. 

Shortest possible format is 2 groups of 4 with no semi-final. That's still 3 important games in a "2 game" window.

If there is a semi-final (a much fairer format - like the two previous editions) than it's 4 important games.

But qualifying for the Nations League Final is our best bet for a Top 6 finish in the FIFA rankings so we certainly want to be in that tournament too.

Probably the decision for hosting will not be until mid-to-late November, when the group winners of the CONCACAF "Nations League" for the senior teams are known, as a participant has to host and as they don't want both final tournaments in the same country. I expect the US will get the Nation's  hosting if they beat Canada, so that probably means Mexico for the Olympic men's qualifiers (unless we beat the US, then Mexico hosts us in the Nations League Final and US hosts the pre-olympics).

Either way, we could have a team going to Mexico in March, a good time for a vacation! On the other hand, the twitter from the US reporter may be wrong, and the US may already have got a guarantee from CONCACAF for a January-February period to ensure their young domestic professionals can attend due to the US off-season, regardless of where it is, and the US assoc are desparate to qualify for the Olympics after the last two failures (note the comment of the Costa Rica assoc Pres about the US almost certainly getting the Pre-olympic tournament in the January-February non-fifa window). And, the US might end up with both tournies.

Of course, if Panama happens to beat out Mexico in the Nation's league, then everything is up in the air.

Probably Costa Rica for the women's Olympic qualifiers in February?

We should know where everything is happening not too long after 17th of Novemeber, and it is allprobbly pre-planned anyway.

Then, hopefully, we wil be in a posiiton to buy our flights before the end of November.

Edited by beachesl

Central American tabloids reporting the Guadalajara rumour giving UNCAF itself as their source.

Tournament would be from March 20th to April 1st.

2 groups of 4.

Both those facts imply an identical format to the previous edition, which would give us the following:

Group A:
Game #1 Friday March 20th
Game #2 Sunday March 22nd
Game #3 Wednesday March 25th

Group B:
Game #1 Saturday March 21st 
Game #2 Monday March 23rd 
Game #3 Thursday March 26th

Semi-Final Sunday March 29th 
Final Wednesday April 1st 

Reminder: FIFA window is only from March 23rd to March 31st.

Stadiums would be:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estadio_Jalisco
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estadio_Akron

19 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Group A:

Game #1 Friday March 20th
Game #2 Sunday March 22nd
Game #3 Wednesday March 25th

Group B:
Game #1 Saturday March 21st 
Game #2 Monday March 23rd 
Game #3 Thursday March 26th

Semi-Final Sunday March 29th 
Final Wednesday April 1st 

Reminder: FIFA window is only from March 23rd to March 31st.

So, we could have Davies, David, Millar for the decisive final group stage game, as well as the semi final which determines qualification to Tokyo.  We would have to play with a short bench for the first 2 group stage games, but still, it is definitely do-able.

9 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

So, we could have Davies, David, Millar for the decisive final group stage game, as well as the semi final which determines qualification to Tokyo.  We would have to play with a short bench for the first 2 group stage games, but still, it is definitely do-able.

Well it depends on the squad size and how many of the other guys get stuck at their club.

Obviously the final game is not important.

9 hours ago, VinceA said:

Doesn't mean much since teams cans deny call-ups to youth tournaments.

Well considering the majority of this team will be from North America.... I'm not to worried. 

It's really if we want to call Davies, or David - who I don't think should be there. 

Edited by Shway

5 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Really though .. was the plan to go into October with zero camps?  Now expect them to cancel a men’s camp in January to have u23.. just like 2018.

So sad. It's sad because this is potentially true. I I guess I would love for it to be 40 man camp. 

No Panama, Jamaica, or T&T.

Any idea how pots will be made up? I assume Mexico and US in one, likely Dominican and Haiti in one (TBD), and then some combination of us, Honduras, El Salvador and Costa Rica in the remaining two. 4 years ago we were paired with Costa Rica. Ideally we get Mexico, El Salvador, and Dominican, and then likely have a semifinal against US.

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021