Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021

2 minutes ago, Ansem said:

David Choiniere should have been there instead of Tabla - One is still surfing on his "potential" the other worked his ass off to prove that he could do it in CONCACAF on the enemy's turf

All due to respect to Choiniere, but no. Ballou half ass is still twice the player, he’ll quarter ass he’s still better. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is Herdman the best coach that was available in 2018?  No. Is Herdman the best coach that we could afford and was available?  Probably still no. Is Herdman the most qualified coach we've had

If these idiots would have allowed bigger rosters I would have taken both, but with these minuscule roster sizes you will get situations like this where a player like Choiniere is left off. 

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

All due to respect to Choiniere, but no. Ballou half ass is still twice the player, he’ll quarter ass he’s still better. 

The last time Tabla impressed me was when he scored against TFC in the Voyageurs Cup final. He never looked good internationally when we were playing Caribbean farmers for Gold Cup qualifying and he hasn't done anything of note since coming back to Montreal. It may still be true but I'm gonna have to see it to believe it.

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

Nope. Think he falls just outside.

Wait, shut up fool...  he debuted in November 2019, his Birthday is in December. He is 23 now. 

I am so confused. He was 21 when he debuted.

SUPER EDIT - Both you fools shut up.

The new rule allows players to switch if they have played no more than three competitive matches at senior level prior to them turning 21.

Tomori was coming up 22 so case closed. Until further rule changes prior to 2026 ;)

Edited by toontownman
To stop myself arguing amongst myself.
39 minutes ago, Ansem said:

David Choiniere should have been there instead of Tabla - One is still surfing on his "potential" the other worked his ass off to prove that he could do it in CONCACAF on the enemy's turf

I am really hoping Tabla shows some of the huge potential he has or had at one time, I think everyone is, your point is very valid, Choiniere proved himself in tough environments, even if he wasn't included instead of Tabla I have to think he deserves a place in this squad!

22 minutes ago, gator said:

I am really hoping Tabla shows some of the huge potential he has or had at one time, I think everyone is, your point is very valid, Choiniere proved himself in tough environments, even if he wasn't included instead of Tabla I have to think he deserves a place in this squad!

If these idiots would have allowed bigger rosters I would have taken both, but with these minuscule roster sizes you will get situations like this where a player like Choiniere is left off. 

18 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

2 minutes ago, saladroit said:

39 minutes ago, gator said:

In all of the years I have posted on here I don't think I have ever been quoted 6 times from one post, I didn't think my opinion on this matter would get such a reaction!🤣

(You do realize now that this is the standard response to any of your posts from here on it, regardless of what you are posting, don't you?)

3 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Nef and Galindo don’t like our chances.

Fair enough. We have this blowhard as head coach and a CSA that does not let us play to gauge our worth. So for me, I'm standing here with my arms folded and saying "show me what you've got". 

And if they do I'll be happy. Same with the senior men.

16 minutes ago, RS said:

I've never heard Biello described as a blowhard before. Is there any reason for it?

Head coach I said, probably should have said senior coach.

Biello, he seems like a nice enough person. Have no idea of his coaching, but for Canada, you can't really say a single Canadian has ever deserved the label "great"

24 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Biello, he seems like a nice enough person. Have no idea of his coaching, but for Canada, you can't really say a single Canadian has ever deserved the label "great"

They keep saying oh JH has done a great job cultivating depth.... uhm sorry who the fuck did he develop ? It’s nice to have recruits and duals but it’s not like any other coach had Davies and David as chips. Plus the young talent and a domestic league herdman merely continued the work...

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

We have this blowhard as head coach

27 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Biello, he seems like a nice enough person. Have no idea of his coaching

Either I should answer with:

1) That was the most unconvincing attack on Biello ever. :D

or

2)

If these idiots would have allowed bigger rosters I would have taken both coaches, but with these minuscule rosters.... :D

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille
7 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Either I should answer with:

1) That was the most unconvincing attack on Biello ever. :D

or

2)

If these idiots would have allowed bigger rosters I would have taken both coaches, but with these minuscule rosters.... :D

I really do wish that "If we idiots..." quote would work, not sure it holds up.

Herdman, he has absolutely nothing else to do. He can't be involved in scouting, thinking and working on the Olympic team? In being in direct contact with Biello about what they want to do, respecting the degree of autonomy that any coach deserves? Or are we going to blame any failures on Biello and give Herdman the credit only if they are successful.

What exactly is he being paid to do?

He's like certain governments that get into power and do absolutely nothing, they are conservative in the sense they are there to conserve their butts. He spends more time managing his extended stay under the CSA than managing Canadian soccer players. It's all too cynical for me, but hey, he started cynical and has given us nothing to believe it isn't the same now as then.

Edit: sorry, this is the hard core of the question: how many of our senior men play on clubs with better coaches than Herdman? Then the killer: how many of our Olympic team (not even bother comparing with Biello, poor guy)? 

Now you tell me if they aren't thinking "blowhard" every damn training session, and how can we do this in spite of that guy.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist
1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Herdman, he has absolutely nothing else to do. He can't be involved in scouting, thinking and working on the Olympic team? In being in direct contact with Biello about what they want to do, respecting the degree of autonomy that any coach deserves? Or are we going to blame any failures on Biello and give Herdman the credit only if they are successful.

What exactly is he being paid to do?

He's like certain governments that get into power and do absolutely nothing, they are conservative in the sense they are there to conserve their butts. He spends more time managing his extended stay under the CSA than managing Canadian soccer players. It's all too cynical for me, but hey, he started cynical and has given us nothing to believe it isn't the same now as then.

I mean this is a decent attack on Herdman, I neither fully agree nor do I fully disagree.

But my point still stands, that was an unconvincing attack on Biello :D

3 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I mean this is a decent attack on Herdman, I neither fully agree nor do I fully disagree.

But my point still stands, that was an unconvincing attack on Biello :D

I wasn't referring to Biello, I think the guy gets what he gets and having to split the group does not benefit the effort. I have no idea what kind of coach Biello is or what sort of work ethic standard he holds himself to.

Edit: I suppose I am starting pissed off because the whole idea of having to be excited is too much for me right now.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist
4 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I wasn't referring to Biello, I think the guy gets what he gets and having to split the group does not benefit the effort. I have no idea what kind of coach Biello is or what sort of work ethic standard he holds himself to.

Edit: I suppose I am starting pissed off because the whole idea of having to be excited is too much for me right now.

Fair enough.

In this tournament, I don't fancy our chances.

The Honduras squad looks very strong on paper (stronger than ours) and the Haitian team has gotten some decent results against Haitian D1 and D2 teams.