Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021

29 minutes ago, RS said:

Only one MLS team even has a reason to hold players back as the others don’t start their season until April 17.

The one team, has so many guys/key pieces and most likely starters in Fraser and Okello.

23 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Just browsing around here but the US roster has been getting hammered with senior callups and clubs refusing to release players.

I think Dias, Corbeanu and whoever is on the left will wreak havoc on teams. We have a real chance at winning this.

It's never about the US at this age tbh. We don't even play them either in the group stage.
It's the Honduras, and El Salvador who are always the tricky ones for us.

1 hour ago, RS said:

Only one MLS team even has a reason to hold players back as the others don’t start their season until April 17.

I hope you're right.  Although its nice to see players being confirmed, they're not the ones I expected - Nogiera and Dias being 2 of them.  Having said that, I haven't seen either play so I am only able to go on what I read about these guys as I have seen most of the others.   I hope Dias is as good as people think he is!

29 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Just browsing around here but the US roster has been getting hammered with senior callups and clubs refusing to release players.

I think Dias, Corbeanu and whoever is on the left will wreak havoc on teams. We have a real chance at winning this.

Where did you see this?

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

I saw that, I should've specified that latter....(senior callups specifically) 

Who from the Olympic team roster was called up to the USMNT?

The US already named their 20 man roster didn't they?  Are they allowed to change it?  I can't find it on the MLS site anymore.

3 minutes ago, Ivan said:

The US already named their 20 man roster didn't they?  Are they allowed to change it?  I can't find it on the MLS site anymore.

It was 31, now at 28 due to the three ATL players...and you are allowed to make changes up until the deadline day of roster submission. After that, rosters are set in stone.

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

I like our roster, some intriguing prospects.

US and Mexico will be full top to bottom of players who are seasoned pros with often more than 50 Liga MX or MLS games at a young age.  

Can we beat either one in a single game?  Sure, its possible, maybe more possible in this cycle than any other.  But the US and Mexico in terms of experienced u23 talent are still very much in a tier of their own for now.

FWIW Transfermarkt valuations of 50 man rosters:

Mexico - 149.38 million

US - 93.39 million

Canada - 18.62 million

Take what you want from it but clearly we are still much closer to Costa Rica in the way the world values our talent than to US and Mexico.

If we do beat either it will be a massive achievement for this roster.

No disrespect to Corbeanu, because he's a very exciting prospect who ultimately needs to be integrated into our senior team, but if we're calling him this window it may not bode well for getting our best wingers and forwards.

I still expect him to be with the Olympic team.

Just now, Obinna said:

No disrespect to Corbeanu, because he's a very exciting prospect who ultimately needs to be integrated into our senior team, but if we're calling him this window it may not bode well for getting our best wingers and forwards.

I still expect him to be with the Olympic team.

This is the window to get integrated.  We are playing Bermuda, we should be able to plug in any player and get a result.  

34 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

This is the window to get integrated.

That's a good point. Perhaps it's also a sign of how highly Herdman rates him. Afterall he was consistenly making the Wolves bench at the age of 18.

Will be interesting to see what squad he ends up on. 

Edited by Obinna