Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021

10 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Does this mean he made the 20 man roster?  Would not have picked him to be one of the 3 keepers.

Interesting he definitely wouldn't have been one of my three GKs either.  Maybe Borjan won't be called up for WCQ in which case Pantemis and/or DSC may be with the senior team.

Edited by Nate3322

12 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Does this mean he made the 20 man roster?  Would not have picked him to be one of the 3 keepers.

Has anyone seen him play? Based on experience alone all of the MLS keepers would be ahead of him

58 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

I would imagine he was called yes.

it’s possible that Minnesota and Montreal refused to release their GK‘S, even VWFC. 

I said this before however we have the best GK depth in the tourney, I wouldn’t have slept on anyone called and won’t sleep now.

Christ we’ve talking at leaving a goalie in Serie A and Ligue 2 ? At home lol.

22 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I would imagine he was called yes.

it’s possible that Minnesota and Montreal refused to release their GK‘S, even VWFC. 

I said this before however we have the best GK depth in the tourney, I wouldn’t have slept on anyone called and won’t sleep now.

Christ we’ve talking at leaving a goalie in Serie A and Ligue 2 ? At home lol.

While they are attached with those sides I think it’s disingenuous to say they are Serie A/ Ligue 2 keepers

Might be Hasal is still touch and go fitness wise. Or maybe Nogueira has surpassed Pantemis? Or someone has picked up a knock. 

I thought it would be Dayne, Thomas and James. 

Doubt any of the aforementioned teams have refused players to leave. They aren't TFC. :P Whitecaps have said they support all players going and Bassong has posted about Montreal players going. 

39 minutes ago, Fullback said:

While they are attached with those sides I think it’s disingenuous to say they are Serie A/ Ligue 2 keepers

I believe both have made the bench rather frequently. Even if they haven’t stuck on the bench they don’t get there by not being of decent quality.

I've been trying to find info on our group opponents but there is not much out there.

Haiti seems to have their camp started and have been playing matches against local club sides, including the infamous Arcahaie.

Honduras had a friendly with Costa Rica back on Feb. 25.

Edited by narduch

The Olympic qualifiers aren’t almost a farce, for us at least. We talk a big game for years about who is going to be on the squad and then it comes down to it and it’s a B/C team. And I’m not talking about guys like Davies or David who were never going to be there. The selection in 2015 was a joke with some u23 players like Bustos, Aird, Froese and Hamilton being allowed to go to the MNT but withheld from this tournament - meanwhile their clubs never even played them. Maybe I’m premature on this but I feel the writing is on the wall with Nogueira being called when he would realistically be 4/5th on the depth chart.

4 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

So GK

Nogueira

maybe Pantemis

FB

Bassong

maybe ZBG

CB

Sturing

Mid 

?

Wing 

Corbeanu

Maybe Ballou 

Nice! My tweet made the Forum lol. You can add Lucas Dias to this list (according to his uncle anyway). Looking like we're piecing together a solid squad. Curious if Brym and the Paton brothers get the call as well. Also feel free to follow me hahaha.

25 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

The Olympic qualifiers aren’t almost a farce, for us at least. We talk a big game for years about who is going to be on the squad and then it comes down to it and it’s a B/C team. And I’m not talking about guys like Davies or David who were never going to be there. The selection in 2015 was a joke with some u23 players like Bustos, Aird, Froese and Hamilton being allowed to go to the MNT but withheld from this tournament - meanwhile their clubs never even played them. Maybe I’m premature on this but I feel the writing is on the wall with Nogueira being called when he would realistically be 4/5th on the depth chart.

Nogueira isn’t likely to play, he’s probably the 3rd if not the second.

Pantemis, Hasal, and St.Clair are all in camp in a spot where they have to either fight for time or defend their spot.

Pantemis is least likely to dislodge the incumbent, Hasal is coming off an injury and id imagine he would be allowed to go.

St.Clair has some real competition in Minnesota and I can understand one why he wouldn’t go and why they wouldn’t release him. He is their #1. At the same time I don’t think you call all 3 of our guys in MLS to sit 2 of them. From 1-4 are we really complaining about who the starter and back up is ???

21 minutes ago, Güerito said:

Nice! My tweet made the Forum lol. You can add Lucas Dias to this list (according to his uncle anyway). Looking like we're piecing together a solid squad. Curious if Brym and the Paton brothers get the call as well. Also feel free to follow me hahaha.

Ahaha I’m not actually on Twitter I lurk with no account but I’ll keep lurking for future updates.

I had said Dias wouldn’t be added to the list to not be called so no real surprise.

Massive... everyone that’s being announced was in my squad except Noguiera.

I really hope TFC doesn’t mess this squad up and not allow Nelson, Okello, and Fraser to join. Keep Shaffelburg or Dunn to have them start against Forge.... but free the rest please.

The tournament starts March 18, and final rosters have to be confirmed 10 days prior, so we should know the final roster by Monday.  I'm happy we'll get to see Corbeanu and Dias in Canada red, but the foreboding of MLS player holdbacks is concerning. 

1 hour ago, Ivan said:

The tournament starts March 18, and final rosters have to be confirmed 10 days prior, so we should know the final roster by Monday.  I'm happy we'll get to see Corbeanu and Dias in Canada red, but the foreboding of MLS player holdbacks is concerning. 

Only one MLS team even has a reason to hold players back as the others don’t start their season until April 17.