Sign in to follow this  
narduch

Match Thread: July 14, 2019 - York9 FC v FC Edmonton

2219 announced attendance. Was hoping we mite see a little boost after the impact game, but nope.

People starting to realize again Carducci is the best CPL keeper. Ingham starting to be good for a mistake a game. 

Telfer is good. 

12 hours ago, Ams1984 said:

Let’s see if some of the Montreal fan exposure translates into more fans today... hope so!

Don't think it did unfortunately, but I think there was more there then any of the recent league games, so that's good.

15 minutes ago, zeelaw said:

Don't think it did unfortunately, but I think there was more there then any of the recent league games, so that's good.

Looking on the bright side; it's the first time our attendance was higher than it was for the previous game.

Honestly thought we played a bit poorly today but we were clinical and 2 great finishes are the difference. Offensively there is firepower, but now there is no defence. You just can't be perfect. Last time we played Edmonton it was the opposite.

I didn't go today because I needed a 1 game break but I'll be back on Wednesday. Kind of glad I didn't go either as the it was really bloody hot today!

45 minutes ago, Ingham said:

I didn't go today because I needed a 1 game break but I'll be back on Wednesday. Kind of glad I didn't go either as the it was really bloody hot today!

I'm the opposite right now - Wednesday will be their 5th midweek home game in 7 weeks.  I can't take anymore.

1 minute ago, Gopherbashi said:

I'm the opposite right now - Wednesday will be their 5th midweek home game in 7 weeks.  I can't take anymore.

So are you going or not? Just wondering as I am always keen on meeting new people. I'm always in supporters.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Ingham said:

So are you going or not? Just wondering as I am always keen on meeting new people. I'm always in supporters.

Nah, I can't ditch my wife with a 10-month-old right when she gets home from work so I can go to a soccer game... Otherwise I'd be buying one less season ticket next year.

I was putting in my token order today and realised that there's only five games left that I'll actually be able to attend.

Edited by Gopherbashi

5 hours ago, Reign said:

2219 announced attendance. Was hoping we mite see a little boost after the impact game, but nope.

On paper looks like the same ole attendance numbers. But, at least the stands felt a bit fuller today than the usual "2000" with too many no-shows.

11 minutes ago, CanSuffer said:

On paper looks like the same ole attendance numbers. But, at least the stands felt a bit fuller today than the usual "2000" with too many no-shows.

Yeah I’ve heard that from some attendees. That is good.