Match Thread: July 10, 2019 - Cavalry FC v Vancouver Whitecaps - 3rd Round, 1st Leg

2 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Wow.  Two quick thoughts.

1st.  Don't know what the 'Caps travel plans are but they need to get the Hell out of Calgary before the cops find out that they've been stealing.

2nd.  I don't watch MLS, less and less every passing year, tonight is literally the first day I've watched an entire match by an MLS team and I have to ask, is that typical of the 'Caps?  Cause if it is, oh boy. 

Yup, that's pretty much there season.  They lack any semblance of creativity in the midfield an their #1 striker is either doesn't care, still recovering from his injury, or most likely both.  And ownership and the front office have gone silent, leaving MDS to field all the questions about how cheap they are.  Lenarduzzi used to like to talk about how there was a culture problem at the club and that's why they would lose, but they're cheapness has caught up to them this season as the real culprit.  (Well, there is a culture problem.  It just starts above the player/managers).

3 hours ago, nolbertos said:

The Caps are struggling badly in MLS.  They’re close to the bottom of the Western Conference and got hammered 6-1 by LAFC last Saturday.  Alot of fans are angry that the owners aren’t willing to spend more to keep up with the new MLS teams and owners.  This result against Calgary doesn’t surprise me as they are very disjointed with no creative midfield player to make something for them.  TFC to me are the team to beat in the Voyageurs Cup.  

In all seriousness, agree with what you say but you cannot make that claim about TFC: they have been shamelessly gifted this bye into semis, which puts egg on the CSA's face, pandering to them that way. I mean, if they are going to be pampered, fine, but no need to start making them favourites on top of that.

I was at the game last night and the atmosphere was electric. So good to see soccer starting to take off in this city. Shame we couldn't squeak out the win in the last few minutes. 

I brought a friend for his first game and he is now hooked. Seemed like there was a lot of people like that in our section. Lots of people buying Cavalry kits as well.

The atmosphere at the game was great. I don't see any other teams being led out by 'dragoons' or whatever they were, but it was pretty cool. The vibe around this club is an order of magnitude better than the last 2 professional efforts in Calgary (Storm and Mustangs), which I was pretty close to.