Match Thread : CONCACAF League : Forge FC v Antigua GFC, August 1st 2019

7 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Wasn't it already reported that this week's match will be on OneSoccer (in Canada at least)? The real question is where Canadians will be able to watch the 2nd leg. I guess if someone can confirm if they are able to watch a 1st leg match on this website (it looks like tonight's game is the only one in the first round that isn't listed on there) then that should confirm that we should be able to watch the 2nd leg of the Forge match.

So when you click "Get Access" ( https://www.concacafgo.com/concacafgo/signup?returnUrl=/concacafgo/subscribe ) it shows 10 of the 12 first round games available on a pay per view basis. The 2 missing games (for me at least) are the 2 Forge games, which presumably means that someone (onesoccer?) has the rights to the Forge games in Canada. Can someone tweet at OneSoccer and get confirmation? Maybe one day I'll sign up for twitter, but today isn't that day.

2 hours ago, Kent said:

Wasn't it already reported that this week's match will be on OneSoccer (in Canada at least)? The real question is where Canadians will be able to watch the 2nd leg. I guess if someone can confirm if they are able to watch a 1st leg match on this website (it looks like tonight's game is the only one in the first round that isn't listed on there) then that should confirm that we should be able to watch the 2nd leg of the Forge match.

I'm guesaing rhat onesoccer thought that they has the rights, but they didn't.

8 hours ago, Kent said:

So when you click "Get Access" ( https://www.concacafgo.com/concacafgo/signup?returnUrl=/concacafgo/subscribe ) it shows 10 of the 12 first round games available on a pay per view basis. The 2 missing games (for me at least) are the 2 Forge games, which presumably means that someone (onesoccer?) has the rights to the Forge games in Canada. Can someone tweet at OneSoccer and get confirmation? Maybe one day I'll sign up for twitter, but today isn't that day.

I asked One Soccer that question a few weeks back on Twitter and they claimed they would show the home games. 

They appear to have back tracked and now a few CPL guys are telling everyone that TSN is hoarding the rights. 

Really excited for this match. Should be very interesting to see how Forge stack up against foreign opposition.

We have all criticized the wonky qualification for concacaf league, but we are fortunate to be sending a very strong representative.

I really hope Forge come out winners in this one!

Wait, so am I hearing we have no legal way of watching the Forge games? I would give someone money to watch these games, but I'm not able to? I'm going to have to fire up my garbage laptop (to avoid viruses on my current computer) and look for a dodgy stream? This is very disappointing.

52 minutes ago, RS said:

It's now listed in the TSN Direct broadcast schedule: https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-direct-broadcast-schedule-1.1154152

Interesting that the team is listed as "Hamilton" and not Forge.

I have been curious what other sites/newspapers use for the team beams. The Hamilton Spectator, a newspaper, always refers to the teams by the city in the standings.

12 hours ago, Obinna said:

Really excited for this match. Should be very interesting to see how Forge stack up against foreign opposition.

We have all criticized the wonky qualification for concacaf league, but we are fortunate to be sending a very strong representative.

I really hope Forge come out winners in this one!

This is the exciting part about this, we have no real idea how the teams will match up, I wouldn't be surprised with a 3-0 win or a 0-3 loss!

39 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

So it will be on TSN Direct. Does anyone know if it will be on TSN Go as bonus content.  If not, that definitely seems to be hiding the game as much as possible.  

TSN Direct and TSN Go are the same thing. 

I'm subscribed to TSN Direct and use the TSN Go app on my Xbox to watch on my TV.

29 minutes ago, RS said:

It'll almost certainly be either Milos Raonic or Felix Auger-Aliassime playing at that time.

Hmm

When I look at the sched last night it was the women's draw

Edit: you are right!

Edited by narduch

Closed my store at midnight last night, barely slept. Woke up at 5am to get ready for the 7am bus from North Bay down to Toronto. Arrived at 12:30pm. Killed some time for a while. Took the Express bus to Hamilton. Eating dinner at the moment. Get ready to party at the game tonight because Forge is gonna kick some ass. Book it back on the bus to Toronto. Catch the midnight bus back up to North Bay. Arrive at 5am. Go to bed and go to work at 5pm tomorrow.

Hell of a couple days! Totally worth it.