Match Thread: July 6, 2019 - Forge FC v FC Edmonton

Game is at 1pm ET on One Soccer.

This will be the 3rd meeting of the year between the 2 teams. Both clubs won their home matches.

Edmonton are on a 3 game winning streak and are looking to break through the Forge/Cavalry dominance.

I'm looking forward to this one, though there is a chance of rain it will be the 1st warm weather match for Forge! With the start of the Fall Season and everyone reset to zero points the race to become Champion begins, this is also significant because if Cavalry continues to be dominant these 2 teams are sitting in the 2nd and 3rd positions in the race for the best 2nd place record overall! I hope to see some of you Voyageurs at the stadium today!

Wasn’t that bad even with the heavy rain at the start of the second half. My five year old son and I happily stayed in our seats for the whole game. 

The far bigger issues were the manner Forge conceded both goals, and how Forge never really looked like scoring on Edmonton after they went ahead 2-1. FCE look so well organized and they have some big bodies. 

2 hours ago, maccaliam said:

Wasn’t that bad even with the heavy rain at the start of the second half. My five year old son and I happily stayed in our seats for the whole game. 

The far bigger issues were the manner Forge conceded both goals, and how Forge never really looked like scoring on Edmonton after they went ahead 2-1. FCE look so well organized and they have some big bodies. 

I have to admit we watched a bit of it in the concourse on the tv when the rain was torrential, when it lightened up it was refreshing on a hot summer afternoon in The Hammer! Lack of consistent goal scoring and defensive/keeper blunders continue to haunt the team and cost points!

8 hours ago, gator said:

I have to admit we watched a bit of it in the concourse on the tv when the rain was torrential, when it lightened up it was refreshing on a hot summer afternoon in The Hammer! Lack of consistent goal scoring and defensive/keeper blunders continue to haunt the team and cost points!

We came expecting to get soaked, so I tried to make it part of the fun to stay out in the downpour. If I wasn’t with my son, I probably would have stood up on the concourse for some of the match too.

I wonder if Q will get another shot soon in league play after that second goal. I thought our goalkeeping would have been one our strengths this year, but it has been been a bit shakier than I had expected. 

6 hours ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

There's been some shaky keeping league wide. I understand not wanting to overpay on this position but there are 5-6 quality Canadian keepers in MLS who aren't getting any action. I'd target some of these guys for next year by free transfer or loan.

To be fair, I thought Roberts would have been one of the stronger acquisitions. I’m hoping he just needs a run of games and will develop into a solid keeper. You don’t have to be a world beater. Just save the ones you are expected to save and I will be happy. 

22 minutes ago, RickC said:

I have to say that when we leave Forge games we leave thoroughly entertained. Yes, I'd love to see fewer defensive errors. But, am so happy we bought the season's seats and didn't mind that much getting thoroughly soaked at the game. 

I agree. I am very happy with my purchase of my seat. The game day experience has been very enjoyable. 

I'll echo all of the sentiments above in saying that I'm loving my gameday experience at Tim Hortons Field, and that watching Tristan Henry make easy saves look hard is going to give me a heart attack.

Also nice to see Johnny Grant back.

Also also, gotta give credit to the two Eddies supporters creating banter with us in 118. Made for some good laughs.

Edited by Pottsy3

14 hours ago, RickC said:

I have to say that when we leave Forge games we leave thoroughly entertained. Yes, I'd love to see fewer defensive errors. But, am so happy we bought the season's seats and didn't mind that much getting thoroughly soaked at the game. 

I agree...I'm also very happy for my season tickets and yes even when we don't get a result the games have always been entertaining. Saturday's game was the exception...actually it was an absolute shit show. Just seemed like they weren't into it at all. Having said that I'm still waiting to watch a game at home in perfect weather...Mother Nature has been somewhat cruel so far this season...and not just to the Forge.