Changes at Sportsnet

BuzzAndSting

Unfortunately, this is the natural conclusion to Sportsnet not having the Premier League.  I think the only soccer they have left is the Bundesliga and the Scottish Premier League.  I think they had to bring in the WNBA to make up for programming over the summer months.  It looks like Rogers is losing money on Sportsnet. 

On 7/3/2019 at 8:07 PM, JamboAl said:

Unfortunately, this is the natural conclusion to Sportsnet not having the Premier League.  I think the only soccer they have left is the Bundesliga and the Scottish Premier League.  I think they had to bring in the WNBA to make up for programming over the summer months.  It looks like Rogers is losing money on Sportsnet. 

With the Raptors winning the NBA championship and the resurgence in the Leafs (primarily) and the other Canadian hockey teams, they're probably not losing money on Sportsnet. (Highly recommend the book Hockey Fight in Canada: Big Media Face Off over the NHL for some interesting insight in to the finances of TSN/Sportsnet).  But it's also probably not worth it to them to carry a crew for just Bundesliga & SPL, though I was hoping they'd at least try to make a push of it for a year.

14 hours ago, Terry_Canuck said:

It also means they won't be involved in CPL as I thought with their EPL coverage coming to an end.  I had hoped that they would make a run at CPL games for next season.

It would have been nice if they could have aired a schedule similar to CBC.  Too bad if they get out of soccer as they did seem to have coverage of CPL (unlike TSN).  But I did notice that although there is no mention of CPL in the TSN soccer tool bar they did have articles on the CDN championship.  I wonder where all this MLS friendship for CPL is at that Mr parrot speaks of.  TSN will barely mention CPL unless it has something to do with MLS.