Should Herdman be fired  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Should Herdman be fired

• Yes
    • No
    • Not yet

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Why would I do that? Did I ever claim anything as ridiculous as calling the CanMNT “the laughing stock of the international media?”

CSA hired an above avg women’s football manager ( not bring down the women’s game - a lots of love and  respect ) who  never won the big game and his World Cup record is a joke specially with the talent Canada had. Two bronze medal that’s it!  Which you have to put in question because not all teams play. So they hired cuz he  threaten to leave and oh he won a  two bronze medals( yahoo !!). So no search is done and again Oz firing and off we go the Saver Herdman arrives talks a lot of **** of  The mental side of the game and confidence and blah blah blah. Canadian media loves it. “Herdman is gonna save men’s soccer “ .  So Herdman comes out says we don’t need Friendlies and he doesn’t really want to recruit, cuz players should want to play for Canada, but Ballou and Wotherspoon comes aboard and now Eustáquio ( so big plus, but Canada talent I’m sure played a huge role in  commencing them to come ). So the Saviour destroys  Caribbean minnows during nations league but still won’t play anyone big. Gold cup arrives Canada team is the most talent and he tries to trick Tata but just blows up in your face cuz some idiot had the idea to park the bus and throw out the bench. But there is hope cuz finally someone’s brain got turned on, they changed players and formation. So after the Game Herdman goes out and says oh we are holding back and we didn’t want to show his hand (like Tata is that stupid ). So through out that time after the Mexico game basically all herdman talks about is playing Mexico in the semi’s forgetting Haiti.  The Haiti game happens and the saviours gets caught game watching,  deer in headlights ,  just playing with himself. So why did you get caught because he’s inexperienced and has never won a big game before ! He got out managed by Haiti!  Canada’s  Golden generation,  most talented and he can’t guide them past HAITI !  I thought he was supposed be the saviour how is that not laughable ??  All the talk and no action ! 

Oh I forgot little Johnny needs to learn and grow !!! 

Edited by SpecialK

22 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

If we fire him we are kinda screwed sadly.  We start from scratch again and don’t have a tournament to prep prior to WCQ.

Why? Maybe they would hire a real  experience manager and we are off the races! Get some friendlies to work out the tactics also we have nations league. Oh wait pipe dream it’s the CSA 

8 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Cant wait for this thread after we crash out of concacafs obsurd wcq format

i'm actually constructing a fall-out shelter for just such an occasion.

I'll tell John everyone say's "Hi". 

15 hours ago, jonovision said:

Yeah, Herdman probably sucks at coin flips.

That might be due to the lack of opposing thumbs.

Nice body shaming, jono.  Not cool.

12 hours ago, Fan1986 said:

If you guys can have an open mind about Herdman than listen to his interview with KJ and Steven Caldwell on their podcast. We have never had that kind of honesty from anyone in Canadian soccer before. 

OK, I listened.

So he correctly analyzed that we were getting overrun in midfield and thought putting Piette in would really help out the defenders.   But when we gave up the 2nd goal, he then decides not to pull the trigger.   What?     

And he says pulled Osario in part to save him for the semifinal?   WTF?   

18 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

A reminder to the younger generation of why these guys should be listened to:

6685199939_aa379fcfc0_o.jpg&c=sc&w=850&h

And since I'm on a roll...

Is is just me or does Diesel (front bottom left) look like that guy sitting by himself in perp row at the strip club?  Yikes.

We are the **** version of what England was for years. You have a great team that should succeed and be brilliant but you can’t play defence and all your managers play negative football that no one wants to watch. And when you finally get a manager that you think will turn it around (Sam alladyce/OZ) they get fired for something behind the scenes. Then the next manager who is hired is from another one of your nations teams and every supporter is sure he is just going to be a yes man for the federation. Now one has gone great in Southgate and one has had a mediocre start but you never know maybe one day we’ll flop out of the World Cup like England has barring 2018.

1 hour ago, king1010 said:

Cant wait for this thread after we crash out of concacafs obsurd wcq format

Honestly, I’m tired of dissecting another WCQ loss for Canada.  At least in 1998, I could say well we made the Hex, how the hell did we not get the third spot to now, making the pre-Hex round and wonder how we lost to Honduras, El Salvador, Jamaica or Haiti on the road and we’re back at square one.  20 years of the same ******** and nothing ever changes for Canada sadly, we got into our hibernation and the media forgets there’s a Men’s team

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

If you’re calling for Herdman to be fired I hope you had that same energy for Hart, Floro and OZ.

Hart did what he could with what he had, so no. 

Floro I most definitely had the same energy, because of his park the bus tactic. However I do wonder what he would've done with David, Hoilett, Davies vs Ricketts, Haber, and Jackson. He definitely didn't help/change players mentality when he says his teams not capable of attacking.

OZ started this revolution, he was on to something in terms of changing the mindset of the way Canadian player think about winning/attacking. He was advocating for more premium friendlies, tried to unleash a new scouting network, introduced Kaye & Davies, brought Osorio & Cavallini back into the program, brought Canada the furthest they been in the GC since 2007 all within less than a year....hell no did I have the same energy.

10 September 2019 is D-day. Cuba v Canada in Havana. Why do they call it D-day? Does it stand Do or Die-day?

6 hours ago, Binky said:

10 September 2019 is D-day. Cuba v Canada in Havana. Why do they call it D-day? Does it stand Do or Die-day?

The D stands for the day of battle. The day before is D -1. The day after is D +1. Battle day is D. 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, king1010 said:

The D stands for the day of battle. The day before is D -1. The day after is D +1. Battle day is D. 

Thanks for the history lesson king1010. And yes indeed, the day of battle will be September 10, 2019. The field of combat will be Havana, Cuba. A Canadian Defeat, with a capital D, will spell its time for Herdman to Defect, with a capital D. We all know lots of Cubans players have defected over the years, but the big question right now is does Cuba take in defecting coaches?

Edited by Binky

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

This thread makes my mood swing between lol and toss the toaster in the tub. 

Quit wasting oxygen.

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

You should become a life coach. 

Thanks to the CSA we already have a coach for life, or at least for the next ten years.

12 hours ago, SpecialK said:

At 22:28 it starts with highlights of game. And there was a great sportnet article I posted earlier and I saw some things on European forms and even former players are  disgusted 

Are you kidding me? You are citing a video clip of Paul “Lock up Your Liquor Cabinets” Mariner disparaging us? If there is a bigger idiot involved in the game or media in North America I don’t know who he is or want to know. The man is a moron and Alejandro Morono (who thinks Venezuela is the greatest at everything) isn’t exactly a soccer genius either. Cripes, who are you going to cite next, the reaction of Mo Johnston? Marco Velez? Joseph Nane? 

Canadian soccer fans should not be so insecure that we need to worry or care what these people think. If we fire Herdman it should be because he repeatedly fails to improve the team and learn from his mistakes, not because the likes of John Carver might think we are a joke. 

I don't think individual errors should cost Herdman his job. If an opportunity to go sign a better manager is there then we should absolutely take advantage of that opportunity, but we were 2 Godinho mental lapses away from the semi final. I'm scapegoating Godinho, not Herdman.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, KW519 said:

I don't think individual errors should cost Herdman his job. If an opportunity to go sign a better manager is there then we should absolutely take advantage of that opportunity, but we were 2 Godinho mental lapses away from the semi final. I'm scapegoating Godinho, not Herdman.

Herdman and the CSA put our team in a position to fail IMO (or at least not in the best position to win)

First by not having friendlies to evaluate our weak positions.

Second by not calling up enough defenders(cordova? James? Adekugbe) and thinking his square peg in a round hole philosophy would work. 

Third by throwing out Godhinio in the QFs when many on this board were concerned with the pace of Haiti counter attack and how ZBG would better handle that pace. 

Fourth by not adjusting in game tactics to support Godinho after it became apparent Haiti was picking on him as the weak link. 

Fifth by not subbing Godinho off after his confidence was shot and it became clear he was leaking oil. 

I'm not absolving Godinho for his faults, but to paint him as a scapegoat is incorrect IMO. The coach did not put him or the team in the best position to win in that QF game. 

Edited by king1010