SpecialK

Should Herdman be fired  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Should Herdman be fired

• Yes
    • No
    • Not yet

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Because I've been following this program since 1984 and I think this is the most positive I've been about the talent here.  The manager did not cause the 2-1 goal and he didn't cause the penalty to be given away.  So let's fire Borjan and Godinho while we are at it.

No Borjan is top notch and made a mistake and Godinho is young but he should have been taken off but Herdman didn’t fix the problems when the game was getting away from us ? 

On 7/2/2019 at 11:01 PM, SpecialK said:

I understand the thinking of waiting, but you just can’t go around talking about playing the best teams in CONCACAF and finally when you do get to play as manager you put on the bench and play a style of play that minnows play when they are playing giants, when they want to  survive respectively. After you lose, you Try to justify your stupidity by saying oh we don’t want to show our hand to Mexico( like Tata has never managed before ) Then Throughout the week you talks about playing Mexico again in the semi’s when he’s got a game against Haiti coming up. Haiti beats you and the country and the world thinks your idiot! I’m sorry he doesn’t Deserve another chance he made the program look horrible,  because of his arrogance.

Unrealistic but completely hypothetical - It would be curious to see how many people would be on board with bringing back OZ.  I don't for one second believe the CSA would ever consider it, and judging by OZ's twitter feed, I highly doubt he would ever even consider it.  But hypothetically speaking, if the opportunity presented itself, I wonder how many people would swap out Herdman for OZ (all emotions aside).

Edited by Corazon

3 minutes ago, Corazon said:

It would be curious to see how many people would be on board with bringing back OZ.  I don't for one second believe the CSA would ever consider it, and judging by OZ's twitter feed, I highly doubt he would ever even consider it.  But hypothetically speaking, if the opportunity presented itself, I wonder how many people would swap out Herdman for OZ (all emotions aside).

That would be interesting. 

1 minute ago, Lofty said:

I did not want OZ to be fired but since the CSA does an appalling job of communications I'm just going to have to accept that there was probably more to it than I know.

But now that Herdman is in, I'm going to give him a chance. And although our Gold Cup run ended in disappointment, there were plenty of positives that leave me very hopeful for how things will unfold.

It's the hope that kills you! There's a big difference between should he be fired and will he be fired and because the latter isn't going to happen soon we do have to sit back and see what happens and hope things get better! I think like myself many of us are still pissed about the collapse and opportunity lost with this talented squad!

39 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Please enlighten me with a few links.

Why don't you provide us with just one link where a foreign media outlet has praised what Herdman has done with the CMNT? Just one? Just one, but not from Haiti, PLEASE! Cause we all know that they love him in Port au Prince. I bet you that Haitians love John Herdman so much, that they would love to play against him again in World Cup qualifying. The Fear of Herdman can be heard man all throughout the Caribbean and Central America. They're shaking in their boots, that how much they fear the Turdman!

Edited by Binky

7 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Definitely made the rounds in latin american media. lots of poking fun at our mistakes, similar to the Larin miss from Gold Cup 2015. 

This Gold Cup did nothing for our reputation.

The larin miss I get since it was a classic blooper.

”Canada loses to Haiti” as a story that garners any sort of interest internationally does surprise me though. 

4 minutes ago, Binky said:

Why don't you provide us with just one link where a foreign media outlet has praised what Herdman has done with the CMNT? Just one? Just one, but not from Haiti, PLEASE! Cause we all know that they love him in Port au Prince. I bet you that Haitians love John Herdman so much, that they would love to play against him again in World Cup qualifying. The Fear of Herdman can be heard man all throughout the Caribbean and Central America. They're shaking in their boots, that how much they fear the Turdman!

Why would I do that? Did I ever claim anything as ridiculous as calling the CanMNT “the laughing stock of the international media?”

If you’re calling for Herdman to be fired I hope you had that same energy for Hart, Floro and OZ.

Gotta love it “fire Herdman and bring back OZ”... uhhh we do realize both fell at the QF?  Also for those who recall, Zambranos last match was a disastrous outing against El Salvador - I’m not sure we mustered a single chance.  With Herdman I see positivity and I see a guy that players seems to like.  I didn’t like the hire but he’s done a good job so far - I’m not about to crucify the guy for a total team collapse.  

If we fire him we are kinda screwed sadly.  We start from scratch again and don’t have a tournament to prep prior to WCQ.

Look at this like our Belgium moment!  They failed to qualify for how many tournaments with young talent before they finally broke through. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

34 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Why would I do that? Did I ever claim anything as ridiculous as calling the CanMNT “the laughing stock of the international media?”

CSA hired an above avg women’s football manager ( not bring down the women’s game - a lots of love and  respect ) who  never won the big game and his World Cup record is a joke specially with the talent Canada had. Two bronze medal that’s it!  Which you have to put in question because not all teams play. So they hired cuz he  threaten to leave and oh he won a  two bronze medals( yahoo !!). So no search is done and again Oz firing and off we go the Saver Herdman arrives talks a lot of shit of  The mental side of the game and confidence and blah blah blah. Canadian media loves it. “Herdman is gonna save men’s soccer “ .  So Herdman comes out says we don’t need Friendlies and he doesn’t really want to recruit, cuz players should want to play for Canada, but Ballou and Wotherspoon comes aboard and now Eustáquio ( so big plus, but Canada talent I’m sure played a huge role in  commencing them to come ). So the Saviour destroys  Caribbean minnows during nations league but still won’t play anyone big. Gold cup arrives Canada team is the most talent and he tries to trick Tata but just blows up in your face cuz some idiot had the idea to park the bus and throw out the bench. But there is hope cuz finally someone’s brain got turned on, they changed players and formation. So after the Game Herdman goes out and says oh we are holding back and we didn’t want to show his hand (like Tata is that stupid ). So through out that time after the Mexico game basically all herdman talks about is playing Mexico in the semi’s forgetting Haiti.  The Haiti game happens and the saviours gets caught game watching,  deer in headlights ,  just playing with himself. So why did you get caught because he’s inexperienced and has never won a big game before ! He got out managed by Haiti!  Canada’s  Golden generation,  most talented and he can’t guide them past HAITI !  I thought he was supposed be the saviour how is that not laughable ??  All the talk and no action ! 

Oh I forgot little Johnny needs to learn and grow !!! 

Edited by SpecialK

22 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

If we fire him we are kinda screwed sadly.  We start from scratch again and don’t have a tournament to prep prior to WCQ.

Why? Maybe they would hire a real  experience manager and we are off the races! Get some friendlies to work out the tactics also we have nations league. Oh wait pipe dream it’s the CSA 

12 hours ago, Fan1986 said:

If you guys can have an open mind about Herdman than listen to his interview with KJ and Steven Caldwell on their podcast. We have never had that kind of honesty from anyone in Canadian soccer before. 

OK, I listened.

So he correctly analyzed that we were getting overrun in midfield and thought putting Piette in would really help out the defenders.   But when we gave up the 2nd goal, he then decides not to pull the trigger.   What?     

And he says pulled Osario in part to save him for the semifinal?   WTF?   

We are the shit version of what England was for years. You have a great team that should succeed and be brilliant but you can’t play defence and all your managers play negative football that no one wants to watch. And when you finally get a manager that you think will turn it around (Sam alladyce/OZ) they get fired for something behind the scenes. Then the next manager who is hired is from another one of your nations teams and every supporter is sure he is just going to be a yes man for the federation. Now one has gone great in Southgate and one has had a mediocre start but you never know maybe one day we’ll flop out of the World Cup like England has barring 2018.

1 hour ago, king1010 said:

Cant wait for this thread after we crash out of concacafs obsurd wcq format

Honestly, I’m tired of dissecting another WCQ loss for Canada.  At least in 1998, I could say well we made the Hex, how the hell did we not get the third spot to now, making the pre-Hex round and wonder how we lost to Honduras, El Salvador, Jamaica or Haiti on the road and we’re back at square one.  20 years of the same bullshit and nothing ever changes for Canada sadly, we got into our hibernation and the media forgets there’s a Men’s team

• Admin locked this topic