Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SpecialK

Should Herdman be fired ?

Should Herdman be fired  

131 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Herdman be fired

    • Yes
      32
    • No
      46
    • Not yet
      53


Recommended Posts

Vote away - the  result should be interesting 

 

I edited it, to make it work. 

Let me know if you wanted something else in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally would like him to be fired, yes.

However, given the odd circumstances of the Haiti loss, I would give him until the USA Nations League home match to redeem himself. Anything but a win and he's gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Berholter should get canned too then, Curacao outplayed the US utterly and decisively. They were lucky to win that game.

Well he didn't deserve to be hired either.  

But I guess seeing as we made a similar mistake I don't really want to delve into their situation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The CSA can't afford to keep hiring and firing coaches. They are stuck with his contract. He should be re-assigned to coach the Canadian Women's National Team, where he was successful. If he doesn't like it then he can bugger off and the CSA can rip up his contact without having to pay him a cent.

The oldest line in the book: "I'll get you to the next World Cup." BOLLOCKS!!!

Edited by Binky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because of one upset loss? Get a grip! Even in England they don't fire the manager because of one upset loss.

Disappointing though that loss may be, the big picture is that we are probably currently not one of the best four teams in CONCACAF but we are probably one of the best eight and we lost in the quarters. We have been improving. We got the same result as Mexico against Cuba and bettered their score against Martinique. Upsets happen and we will learn from this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to see a good result against the USA in the nations cup. I am not expecting us to win, but he has to coach well. After that, I might be calling for his firing depending on results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lofty said:

Because of one upset loss? Get a grip! Even in England they don't fire the manager because of one upset loss.

Disappointing though that loss may be, the big picture is that we are probably currently not one of the best four teams in CONCACAF but we are probably one of the best eight and we lost in the quarters. We have been improving. We got the same result as Mexico against Cuba and bettered their score against Martinique. Upsets happen and we will learn from this one.

This^.   Get a a grip people.  It's one upset loss.  Can't believe how many voted yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Its not just the loss.

He is already making bizarre roster moves. Like why take a kid to a tournament (Okello), if you are not going to play him, while we badly need reinforcements at other positions?

Plus we all know he was never qualified for the job to begin with.

The signs are not good.

Edited by narduch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the poll was made 18 months ago, we would have had similar results. I'm not surprised about the result of this poll, because a lot of people who disliked the Herdman hire will want him fired. I didn't think that i was a fireable offense. I wasn't impressed by Herdman's showing, but firing him now seems even more premature than hiring him in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

I wonder if the poll was made 18 months ago, we would have had similar results. I'm not surprised about the result of this poll, because a lot of people who disliked the Herdman hire will want him fired. I didn't think that i was a fireable offense. I wasn't impressed by Herdman's showing, but firing him now seems even more premature than hiring him in the first place.

Naturally, given the circumstances of his hiring, he's already under enormous pressure as was perfectly predictable 18 months ago. What I'm concerned about is how the players are going to react to this. No one feels confident being lead by a fraud "motivational leader". I voted to can him just because I think he's an unqualified ass but, yeah, it's unfair. Too bad. I'm sure glad the Nations League is coming on line, he'll get his chance to prove us wrong soon enough.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I voted not yet(though I've never been a Herdman fan). 

But if he doesn't correct his glaring mistakes during Nations League then hell yes. 

Glaring mistakes include but not limited to:

1. Thinking he can play players out of position, especially wingers and CDM at FB

2. Not calling up sufficient cover for certain positions when there are capable players out there(Defence in General)

3. In game tactics(complaining about physicality then subbing off Cavallini while keeping Piette on the bench)

              not adjusting to the flow of the game. ie realizing teams are overloading certain players or                        playing a direct style 

             subbing attacking players off for defenders when down a goal

             subbing on players clearly not at 100% fitness

4. Not taking responsibility for his own errors.

If we see more of the above during Nations League, by all means he should be fired(doubtful the CSA actually fires him though cuz he's there guy). At best he gets canned if he doesn't qualify for 2022. Even then he allegedly has a contract till 2026 so who knows. 

 

Edited by king1010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted not yet, I thought the whole hiring and firing process was a scam but realized I really have no choice but to give him a chance which I have done, he shouldn't have been hired to begin with, the reality is he is not going away anytime soon! Let's hope this was just a little hiccup along the way to an improving team! Nations League vs the US will tell us more of a story, if he continues to struggle in this role the calls for his head will be much louder, I don't think the CSA would listen anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rightback said:

Naturally, given the circumstances of his hiring, he's already under enormous pressure as was perfectly predictable 18 months ago. What I'm concerned about is how the players are going to react to this. No one feels confident being lead by a fraud "motivational leader". I voted to can him just because I think he's an unqualified ass but, yeah, it's unfair. Too bad. I'm sure glad the Nations League is coming on line, he'll get his chance to prove us wrong soon enough.

 

I do think Herdman has painted himself into a corner with all of the motivational stuff. He identified the mentality issue as being Canada's weakness, claimed that we had superior talent to most of our competition in the region and thus that we had underacheived and said he was going to fix that, pulled out all of the stops with motivational speakers, mind rooms etc. etc. And what happens - the first time we face real adversity (in squandering a lead) we lose and we squandered it in the first place with mental mistakes. So if we have superior players and now the motivational/mentality aspect is fixed thanks to him (or so he was alleging), what's the reason for the loss?

Because this is a one off (thus far) and we had probably the youngest backline in the tournament by a long way, no doubt he can say it's a learning experience for an inexperienced team that they will learn from. But unless we see some signs of that soon (ie. Nations League), then the doubts that he has the tactical acumen for the job will only grow. So these matches coming up are very important. I wish we could play some friendlies ahead of time to try out some new players at right back (for example) but even the guys at mlssoccer.com have started to note/complain that we don't play any friendlies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...