The Road to Qatar.

Binky

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Can anybody shine a light on why we would want to play at westhills and not BC place? It only holds 6000. 

How much you want to bet that mayor in Langford came up with that? Or at least, with the club, they felt they could feature their training facilities and the stadium itself to promo the CPL team season.

Apart from the fact that southern Vancouver Island has the most reliable weather in the country in the winter.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Maybe the csa finally took some advice. Which is the suggestion that we need to make it more difficult for concacaf nations to play us in Canada. A small stadium, not an airport hub and outdoors in March (albeit on the milder west coast). 

9 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

What’s the status of the hydro pole?!

This will be very disappointing if it’s only one friendly in the March window. Another game in Victoria or even Seattle is a must!

No work has begun, and no statement has been made by the club, Langford or BC hydro. I can't see it being resolved for March and probably not this season.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Maybe the csa finally took some advice. Which is the suggestion that we need to make it more difficult for concacaf nations to play us in Canada. A small stadium, not an airport hub and outdoors in March (albeit on the milder west coast). 

True, but for official matches. For a friendly the rival can just say no. 

33 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

What’s the status of the hydro pole?!

This will be very disappointing if it’s only one friendly in the March window. Another game in Victoria or even Seattle is a must!

I don't see how we play 3 out of window matches and then only 1 in window.

If I had to guess, if Costa Rica is indeed true, we would pair that match with one against a nation right above minnow level, e.g. Antigua and Barbuda, St. Kitts and Nevis or Suriname.

6 minutes ago, Kyle_The_Hill said:

I don't see how we play 3 out of window matches and then only 1 in window.

If I had to guess, if Costa Rica is indeed true, we would pair that match with one against a nation right above minnow level, e.g. Antigua and Barbuda, St. Kitts and Nevis or Suriname.

What’s rational and expected is not always what we get as Canadian soccer fans, anything is possible.

4 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

If I'm reading this right....... we also play Greece on March 26. ( playing on Vancouver island)

Nope.

Costa Rica is playing Greece in New Jersey. Then Mexico is playing Greece in Texas.

12 minutes ago, Kyle_The_Hill said:

I know and it is possible, just seems unlikely. Also:

image.png.a913842c05d92da1485cddab6c986631.png

Doesn't change the math much but if we rationally assume two friendlies the Costa Rica friendly would be the second game.

4 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

If I'm reading this right....... we also play Greece on March 26. ( playing on Vancouver island)

Doesn’t that say that we want to play them in Victoria but it’s complicated because Victoria is so far from where they will play Greece? Which is New Jersey?

• Admin locked this topic