The Road to Qatar.

Binky

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

His name will be in the discussion no doubt. He has missed lots of camps to silly reasons out of his control rather than not getting calls. That said when he was called he wasnt really used.

I'd add Gutierrez to the LB list if he features for the caps. He will get minutes one way or another. 

Big year for a few Camadian players in the MLS to stake claims. Especially the younger players. Lots out there now that could come into national team thinking if they get opportunities and seize them.

It would be nice to see a couple defenders have break outs years like Miller, Lareya and lesser extent Didic, Zator, Waterman did. Alistar Johnson, Montgomery, Comsia, Yao, Laurent, Kennedy etc, step up and make Herdman call you.  

Playing asia wouldn’t be that bad either. If you believe in stats though, we CONCACAF hasn’t faces South America since 2010. So that match would be coming up soon

17 hours ago, toontownman said:

His name will be in the discussion no doubt. He has missed lots of camps to silly reasons out of his control rather than not getting calls. That said when he was called he wasnt really used.

I'd add Gutierrez to the LB list if he features for the caps. He will get minutes one way or another. 

Big year for a few Camadian players in the MLS to stake claims. Especially the younger players. Lots out there now that could come into national team thinking if they get opportunities and seize them.

I hate to say this, but maybe Davies at LB isn't such a bad thing given his role with BM as of late ...  ::ducks::

47 minutes ago, Addona said:

I hate to say this, but maybe Davies at LB isn't such a bad thing given his role with BM as of late ...  ::ducks::

If people are completely honest with themselves- the gain in LB quality by having Davies move there is much greater than the loss of LW quality by having Hoilett start there instead of Davies.

With Davies at LB we are probably the 3rd or 4th strongest team in CONCACAF (I think).  With him at LW, Adekugbe at LB and Hoilett on the bench we are probably 4th or 5th best team in CONCACAF.

In terms of maximizing the team he should be our LB I think.  

edit- What I’m getting at is were much stronger having Hoilett on the pitch than we are with having Adekugbe starting.  

Edited by baulderdash77

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

If people are completely honest with themselves- the gain in LB quality by having Davies move there is much greater than the loss of LW quality by having Hoilett start there instead of Davies.

With Davies at LB we are probably the 3rd or 4th strongest team in CONCACAF (I think).  With him at LW, Adekugbe at LB and Hoilett on the bench we are probably 4th or 5th best team in CONCACAF.

In terms of maximizing the team he should be our LB I think.  

edit- What I’m getting at is were much stronger having Hoilett on the pitch than we are with having Adekugbe starting.  

Nope.

Davies keeps other teams honest with his speed. He's a better defensively at LW for Canada than LB because he's expected to provide offensive for Canada in a way he's not required to do for Bayern.  When's he's playing LB for Canada he gets forward and gets caught too many times because of it. 

I'd love to a strong enough team that we could play Davies at LB but that's not the case. Hoilett is going have to come off the bench or play on the right side. 

1 hour ago, yomurphy1 said:

Nope.

Davies keeps other teams honest with his speed. He's a better defensively at LW for Canada than LB because he's expected to provide offensive for Canada in a way he's not required to do for Bayern.  When's he's playing LB for Canada he gets forward and gets caught too many times because of it. 

I'd love to a strong enough team that we could play Davies at LB but that's not the case. Hoilett is going have to come off the bench or play on the right side. 

Agree with this post 100 %.  I was at the game vs. the US in Toronto where Davies played up front.  He was dominant against one of the strongest teams in our region.  Nowhere near as dominant when he is playing LB.

On 1/14/2020 at 1:27 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I'm pretty sure that selling tickets is a BIG no-no!

http://canadasoccer.com/files/2018_19_LOTG_English.pdf

On 1/14/2020 at 4:43 PM, SkuseisLoose said:

Where in here is the selling tickets bit.

@Obinna , @Kyle_The_Hill , @SkuseisLoose and everybody else, my sincere apologies!

Either I read that somewhere else and can't find the link again, or Duane Rollins said it on twitter and I was reading an official document to find another thing and quickly copy-pasted that link. 

In any case, there doesn't seem to be any rules regarding training matches that I can find. Apologies to all. It was not my intent to mislead anybody.

http://twitter.com/LaSelecta_SLV/status/1219078083606667265

It is annoying that El Salvador lost this "training match" to Iceland, but won't lose any ranking points. :(

On 1/16/2020 at 10:06 AM, Kyle_The_Hill said:

We're 14 points back with 2 official windows (March and June), plus an out of window (May), plus another potential out of window (July)...

Does anybody know exactly how many points we have and El Salvador has? If not, then we must assume the worst

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/#CONCACAF

El Savador 1346.49 (rounded to 1346)

Canada 1330.51 (rounded to 1331)

Up to (roughly) 16 points behind at max, then we gained roughly 0.36 points this month so we need to gain 15.62 points over El Savador to be safe.

9 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Does anybody know exactly how many points we have and El Salvador has? If not, then we must assume the worst

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/#CONCACAF

El Savador 1346.49 (rounded to 1346)

Canada 1330.51 (rounded to 1331)

Up to (roughly) 16 points behind at max, then we gained roughly 0.36 points this month so we need to gain 15.62 points over El Savador to be safe.

image.png.8e4947124b035d40eff1dac40b3753c1.png

Nah its 14.

How can you choose to reclassify a friendly as a training match days before though? That doesn't seem fair. Should be whatever was scheduled as, training match or friendly stays.

Way too easy to game point this way.

• Oh we have injuries and cant field our best A team Training Match!
  • Oh Concacaf is stupid and is now gifting us the Hex Training Matc

If the request was actually denied. its more likely Iceland wanted to keep it as an offial Friendly and not that FIFA denied the request. 

10 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

So it looks like now they still want to play a friendly in March vs a top 50 side?

Costa Rica , Switzerland, or most likely Greece.

http://www.laprensagrafica.com/deportes/Carrillo-En-marzo-tenemos-que-jugar-contra-selecciones-del-puesto-6-al-50-en-el-ranking-FIFA-20200121-0667.html

"Everything is to play outside the country".

I do understand why some people on here on skeptical but its hard to not get excited about the possibility of these matches taking place for FIFA points in either a neutral or away country.

Edited by Kyle_The_Hill

• Admin locked this topic