The Road to Qatar.

Binky

12 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

There are only 35 fifa nations and only 41 concacaf nations. And 1/2 of the teams are out before we’ll even get in so it’s hardly any different than any other WCQ cycle.

Correct on the 35 FIFA nations, and correct on the 41 CONCACAF nations (for @Binky, the ones in CONCACAF but not FIFA are places like Martinique and French Guiana who are considered part of France in FIFA terms). However, the last part about half the teams being out before we even get in is speculation at this point. Until we see the format, we don't know this for certain. Maybe we will have a knockout home and away with Anguilla or something.

Edited by Kent

Breaking news: 

In an interview conducted in the  TV show "Somos La Sele" here in Panama, the President of the Panamanian Football Federation Manuel Arias said there will be changes in the Concacaf qualifiers. The Fifa ranking of June 2020 will be used so that the first six countries go straight to the final hexagonal. He said that it is essential to play many friendly matches and make a good role in the CNL to be among the top six ranked. He indicated that CONCACAF will make an official announcement about the format in the next few days.

I managed to obtain this infromation thanks to a tweet from the Panamian sport Channel TV-Max. However they have already deleted the link. But I could make a screen capture with my table to share it with you. 

Although I have tried to find more information about it, nothing have been published about it. It seems to me that Manuel Arias should not have given this information to early to the press. 

Anyway check here :

image.png

2 hours ago, xabuep2 said:

Breaking news: 

In an interview conducted in the  TV show "Somos La Sele" here in Panama, the President of the Panamanian Football Federation Manuel Arias said there will be changes in the Concacaf qualifiers. The Fifa ranking of June 2020 will be used so that the first six countries go straight to the final hexagonal. He said that it is essential to play many friendly matches and make a good role in the CNL to be among the top six ranked. He indicated that CONCACAF will make an official announcement about the format in the next few days.

Ah ha! That's why Herdman has been so cocky about Canada qualifying for Qatar 2022! All we have to do is hammer Cuba twice in the Nations League, and then Herdman will arrange five home internationals during the winter against the Cayman Islands (205), the Bahamas (210), the British Virgin Islands (205), Turks and Caicos Islands (208), and Anguilla (209), and Shazam, we pass Panama and El Salvador in the FIFA/Coca-Cola rankings and we're in the F-ing HEX with a 3.5 out of 6 chance to make it to Qatar. Wow, I got to hand it to Mr. Montagliani. He is one sly dude! No wonder he's keeping us all in suspense for sooooo longggg!

44 minutes ago, mrstepp817 said:

I hope this is not the case....I'm fine with using NL games as pseudo Qualifying but limiting it to 6 is weird...I'm ok with twelve and play 3 groups of 4 with top two going to the hex...

I agree. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! If the information xabuep2 has provided proves to be correct, then, unfortunately, the Road to Qatar has already ended for 30 CONCACAF Nations. Such an arbitrary decision on CONCACAF part can't be right. 

52 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Good bit. 

Now back to reality. 

If there is but one bit of truth to the breaking news above, I hope it's that part where he says: "He indicated that CONCACAF will make an official announcement about the format in the next few days." To me and many others that is the real reality that matters right now, don't you agree king1010?

10 hours ago, Binky said:

Ah ha! That's why Herdman has been so cocky about Canada qualifying for Qatar 2022! All we have to do is hammer Cuba twice in the Nations League, and then Herdman will arrange five home internationals during the winter against the Cayman Islands (205), the Bahamas (210), the British Virgin Islands (205), Turks and Caicos Islands (208), and Anguilla (209), and Shazam, we pass Panama and El Salvador in the FIFA/Coca-Cola rankings and we're in the F-ing HEX with a 3.5 out of 6 chance to make it to Qatar. Wow, I got to hand it to Mr. Montagliani. He is one sly dude! No wonder he's keeping us all in suspense for sooooo longggg!

All that underhanded manipulation would have been unnecessary had we kept Zambrano.

8 hours ago, Binky said:

If there is but one bit of truth to the breaking news above, I hope it's that part where he says: "He indicated that CONCACAF will make an official announcement about the format in the next few days." To me and many others that is the real reality that matters right now, don't you agree king1010?

Yes announcing the format sooner rather than later will be beneficial to all. It won’t be top 6 in fifa rankings to the hex and everyone else is out before it began. 

18 hours ago, xabuep2 said:

Breaking news: 

I managed to obtain this infromation thanks to a tweet from the Panamian sport Channel TV-Max. However they have already deleted the link. But I could make a screen capture with my table to share it with you. 

Although I have tried to find more information about it, nothing have been published about it. It seems to me that Manuel Arias should not have given this information to early to the press. 

Anyway check here :

image.png

I take this as “the top six get a bye to the final hexagonal.” With something getting lost in translation. So there’s probably 12 teams in 2 hex’s. We will have some sort of preliminary round before hand. I’ve stated before that there’s not a lot of fifa dates available for wcq. With nations league going until next March (maybe minnows can play then) and the next nations league starting in the fall of 2021 (didn’t concacaf state its every 2 years?) it leaves little room for qualifiers for Qatar. 

If the Double HEX is true, we have:
March 2020-October 2020: pre-HEX qualifiers (8 matches)
November 2020-October 2021: Double HEX (10 matches)
November 2021: CONCACAF 2nd place finishers match (2 matches)
March 2022: Intercontinental Playoff (2 matches)

So, CONCACAF would need to go from 29 CONCACAF members not already qualified for the double-hex down to 6. I would think that it would be something like 6 groups of 4 with only the top team going through. You would need to have 5 play-in matches in March. Other possiblity would be to have 8 groups: 5 groups of 4 and 3 groups of 3 early on and that the teams that finish top of their group are compared based on results against the second and third place teams to allow comparing groups of 3 and 4. The top 4 group winners move on and the 4 other group winners face are in a playoff in October 2020 with the last 2 spots for the double HEX.

4 hours ago, king1010 said:

Yes announcing the format sooner rather than later will be beneficial to all. It won’t be top 6 in fifa rankings to the hex and everyone else is out before it began. 

At this point I'm not even asking Victor Montagliani what the format will be. All I'm asking for is a formal announcement from CONCACAF informing all of us "on what date CONCACAF intends to reveal its new format and schedule." Now is that too much to ask of Montagliai? Afterall, he's had three years to come up with his un-archaic format? If his format for CONCACAF World Cup qualifying is not announced before the upcoming Nations League matches begin in September, then the whole process wreaks of a fraud worse then Warner, or even Blatter. All of this uncertainty and these many changes since Blatter was ousted, do raise the question of how competence are the new FIFA president and vice-presidents? Not only is the Road to Qatar unclear, FIFA still has not announced which country will host the 2023 Women's World Cup Final. They also, didn't have the ball to take the World Cup Final away from Qatar after campaigning on a platform that was grounded on the fraud to award the 2022 tournament to Qatar, a countries that has never proven it is suitable for hosting a U20 or other FIFA tournament first. And then to ram VAR down everyone's throats along with all these silly Nations League tournaments that nobody understands what they are all about? All we really have is one crime family wiping out another crime family!!! Hey baby, there's a new FIFA MAFIA in town!!!

2 hours ago, Blackdude said:

If the Double HEX is true, we have:
March 2020-October 2020: pre-HEX qualifiers (8 matches)
November 2020-October 2021: Double HEX (10 matches)
November 2021: CONCACAF 2nd place finishers match (2 matches)
March 2022: Intercontinental Playoff (2 matches)

I for one welcome our new dodeca overlords.

In CONCACAF should there really be 6 countries that a receive a bye into the second last round of World Cup qualifying? To me, 3 or 4 seems far more appropriate. Maybe the countries that qualified for the last World Cup Final? Mexico, the United States and Costa Rica are the only consistent powers in CONCACAF, the rest is a step below. 

Here is the new format of CONCACAF

the information was given by the journalist Hernan Pereyra:

The best 6 ranked countries of FIFA ranking June 2020 will play for 3 places to the world cup Qatar 2022 in the Hex.

Meanwhile the remaining 29 countries will play in 8 groups: 3 groups with 3 countries and 5 with 4 countries. The winners of these 8 groups go to a second round (March 2021). Then in June 2021  the best 4 play in another round. Finally in September the two winners play  each other and the winner of this will face the 4th placed team of the Hex for one spot to Qatar 2022.

check it out :

https://espndeportes.espn.com/futbol/mundial/nota/_/id/5821217/concacaf-cambia-el-formato-de-eliminatoria-rumbo-a-catar-2022

https://www.eluniversal.com.mx/universal-deportes/futbol/cambia-la-eliminatoria-al-mundial

Edited by xabuep2

3 minutes ago, xabuep2 said:

Here is the new format of CONCACAF

the information was given by the journalist Hernan Pereyra:

The best 6 ranked countries of FIFA ranking June 2020 will play for 3 places to the world cup Qatar 2022 in the Hex.

Meanwhile the remaining 29 countries will play in 8 groups: 3 groups with 3 countries and 5 with 4 countries. The winners of these 8 groups go to a second round (March 2021). Then in June 2021  the best 4 play in another round. Finally in September the two winners play  each other and the winner of this will face the 4th placed team of the Hex for one spot to Qatar 2022.

check it out :

https://espndeportes.espn.com/futbol/mundial/nota/_/id/5821217/concacaf-cambia-el-formato-de-eliminatoria-rumbo-a-catar-2022

https://www.eluniversal.com.mx/universal-deportes/futbol/cambia-la-eliminatoria-al-mundial

blink 182 wtf GIF

• Admin locked this topic