The Road to Qatar.

Binky

I would rather play ES in the US vs San Salvador. They would still have fans but probably not ramped up as the ones in ES and the field conditons have to be much better. Plus no security or covid issues for travelling teams. It's a win win as ES gets to make some money with fans in the stadium in the US. 

Edited by Kadenge

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

Bizarre IMO..under what grounds would they deny this??

Since the ES government allows them to hold the match, size of crowd allowed is a cosmetic issue. And opens the door for countries to switch venues for any spurious reasons.

Also read they are allowing full stadium if there is enough vaxxed people interested in attending.

Edited by red card

42 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

I would rather play ES in the US vs San Salvador. They would still have fans but probably not ramped up as the ones in ES and the field conditons have to be much better. Plus no security or covid issues for travelling teams. It's a win win as ES gets to make some money with fans in the stadium in the US. 

I can assure you Salvadorans in the US would be amped up just fine for a WCQ.

12 hours ago, Kadenge said:

I would say the Covid issues would still exist while playing in Murica

Covid issues exist everywhere.

What probably makes Canada "safer" is the ease to which we can control the environment for the players. That is probably easiest in Canada, our own country, but it's likely easier in the United States than El Salvador, considering our experience playing and hosting camps there, along with the obvious similarities with our own country, how things typically work, etc. 

2 hours ago, El Hombre said:

So, I would assume that FIFA would also deny any CSA request to play in the US....

It depends on the nature of the request, no?

If we are requesting because our government refuses to let us have fans, then tough titty for us.

If our government doesn't allow the game to be played in Canada, then another venue must be found because the game needs to happen. In that case I expect the request to be granted by FIFA. 

28 minutes ago, Obinna said:

It depends on the nature of the request, no?

If we are requesting because our government refuses to let us have fans, then tough titty for us.

If our government doesn't allow the game to be played in Canada, then another venue must be found because the game needs to happen. In that case I expect the request to be granted by FIFA. 

Good point.  There is a difference there.  Wasn't sure what the plan was going to be as the travel ban is in effect until the second week of Sept.

38 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Covid issues exist everywhere.

What probably makes Canada "safer" is the ease to which we can control the environment for the players. That is probably easiest in Canada, our own country, but it's likely easier in the United States than El Salvador, considering our experience playing and hosting camps there, along with the obvious similarities with our own country, how things typically work, etc. 

Edit: deleted to avoid more senseless covid discussion, even though it wasn’t really controversial.

Edited by archer21

3 hours ago, archer21 said:

Edit: deleted to avoid more senseless covid discussion, even though it wasn’t really controversial.

Just for clarity, its not a controversial comment. The disconnect is that "safe" is extremely subjective and some people have no idea why anyone would think professional athletes would feel un safe in the United States right now. Its just strange to some. That's all. Like in BC you've got half the people acting 100% normal and the other half walking around like long tail cats in a room full of rocking chairs. When one half talk they talk about how they dont get the other half and vice versa. So that's what it is

12 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Just for clarity, its not a controversial comment. The disconnect is that "safe" is extremely subjective and some people have no idea why anyone would think professional athletes would feel un safe in the United States right now. Its just strange to some. That's all. Like in BC you've got half the people acting 100% normal and the other half walking around like long tail cats in a room full of rocking chairs. When one half talk they talk about how they dont get the other half and vice versa. So that's what it is

I didn't see what Archer originally posted, but appreciated him removing it to prevent a ruckus.

That said, what you are saying here makes sense. I don't view the United States as any less safe than Canada. I get the impression the players and coaching staff don't either.

The view of the USA being markedly unsafe compared to Canada results from Canadian propaganda.

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

This is false. Stop spreading these lies on the forum.

The only propaganda is coming from the anti mask, anti vaccine morons.

The US is a fucking mess.

Anti versus pro vaxx stems from propaganda as well, very successful propaganda in fact, clearly.

Many democratic nations are using that particular propaganda technique of manufacturing monsters, actually, not just Canada. 

But I digress....

27 minutes ago, narduch said:

This is false. Stop spreading these lies on the forum.

The only propaganda is coming from the anti mask, anti vaccine morons.

The US is a fucking mess.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm. It's actually not though.

A quick Google of COVID deaths shows our latest data point being July 17 wherein there were 3 deaths in Canada. On that same day there were 83 deaths in the US. Proportionate to population that would actually make them safer. Of course this is just one day. 

If you take the latest 7 day average we are at 9 deaths per day, while the USA is at 252 deaths per day. This would say that the USA is experiencing deaths at a higher rate, although the difference is negligible. Meanwhile 3,700 people die per day from car accidents in the USA.

Obinna is correct in saying that the USA isn't any more unsafe than Canada at this time. That's just a statistical fact really. You can catch COVID anywhere and chances are you will be fine.

What we really need to be worried about is the traffic wherever our team decides to play - this is the point that people seem to miss.

16 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

A quick Google of COVID deaths shows our latest data point being July 17 wherein there were 3 deaths in Canada. On that same day there were 83 deaths in the US. Proportionate to population that would actually make them safer. Of course this is just one day. 

If you take the latest 7 day average we are at 9 deaths per day, while the USA is at 252 deaths per day. This would say that the USA is experiencing deaths at a higher rate, although the difference is negligible. Meanwhile 3,700 people die per day from car accidents in the USA.

Obinna is correct in saying that the USA isn't any more unsafe than Canada at this time. That's just a statistical fact really. You can catch COVID anywhere and chances are you will be fine.

What we really need to be worried about is the traffic wherever our team decides to play - this is the point that people seem to miss.

Good lord. Now there's 3 of them.

The case incidence in the US is 10 times higher than Canada currently. 

And their vaccination levels are terrible in many states. 

This is what I think of whenever I see the usual suspects try to downplay the situation. 

2 minutes ago, archer21 said:

So I guess my attempts failed, so I might as well post what I was going to post. It is safer in Canada because we have higher vaccination rates and lower infection rates. The rolling 7 day average in Florida is almost 9000 new cases per day. The rolling 7 day average for all of Canada is around 400 new cases per day. 

Thank you 

29 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I don't think math supports what you say above as US population is ~10x that of Canada.

Edit: also your car accident "fact" is highly specious.  Would like to know where that is from.

Edit #2: 3,700 people die globally each day from car accidents.

Edited by El Hombre

9 minutes ago, narduch said:

Good lord. Now there's 3 of them.

The case incidence in the US is 10 times higher than Canada currently. 

And their vaccination levels are terrible in many states. 

This is what I think of whenever I see the usual suspects try to downplay the situation. 

Crazy that a country with 10x the population would have 10x the cases... 

That article has also been debunked if you look into Alabama statistics it's improbable.

• Admin locked this topic