The Road to Qatar.

Binky

We try to travel each winter - though this year we spent the winter at home for obvious reasons. When I was looking ahead to the possible Ocho games the one that popped out as an amazing away trip is Costa Rica in March.  We were there before we had kids and it is a beautiful country.  I told my wife earlier that if Canada wins, we are probably heading to CR in March - and she was on board.  As long as the COVID situation allows for recreational travel at that point, it would be an absolutely killer away trip.  Something to ponder my fellow V’s.  

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

We try to travel each winter - though this year we spent the winter at home for obvious reasons. When I was looking ahead to the possible Ocho games the one that popped out as an amazing away trip is Costa Rica in March.  We were there before we had kids and it is a beautiful country.  I told my wife earlier that if Canada wins, we are probably heading to CR in March - and she was on board.  As long as the COVID situation allows for recreational travel at that point, it would be an absolutely killer away trip.  Something to ponder my fellow V’s.  

Oh whatever’s nice for you huh!

I said Jamaica in October, 😂

Someone told me today that the BC Lions plan to play at BC Place in August with fans. I think I also heard on the radio that Canadian basketball will have a few hundred in Victoria in a few weeks

Besides all that my first chance on here to say Fk yah! Qatar 2022 let's do it!

Edited by SpursFlu

9 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

That January window is going to be a bitch...San Pedro Sula - Vancouver - San Salvador...sandwiched between long-haul flights from Europe for 2/3 of our squad. 😧

I was thinking the same. January window BRUTAL. 

This might be the one BC cause of logistics. 

The rest, I see them catering to our euro based squad by reducing fatigue and jet leg by having home games in EST time zone.

12 minutes ago, Ruud said:

US at home in January?  Bc place or Big O?

They must have scheduled that on purpose… if it was any other team than the US they’d play it at BMO and freeze them out.  It’s so unfair that it’s OK to make northern nations play in 40 degree heat, but at all costs, they avoid putting games in cold weather.

Not loving that Honduras gets Mexico on the 2nd last match day. Mexico will have qualified and could field whatever team they want. The exact same thing played out on the final match day of the 2018 WCQ group stage, where Mexico fielded a weaker side and Honduras was the only country in our group to take points off of them.

Edited by jtpc

7 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

They must have scheduled that on purpose… if it was any other team than the US they’d play it at BMO and freeze them out.  It’s so unfair that it’s OK to make northern nations play in 40 degree heat, but at all costs, they avoid putting games in cold weather.

The disadvantage of playing away in heat is much more than the reverse of other teams playing in the cold. Heat is harder to play through. I think playing away in Jan is an advantage on balance. But not flying back and forth over long distances.

Edited by Redpunkfiddle

1 minute ago, jtpc said:

Not loving that Honduras gets Mexico on the 2nd last match day. Mexico will have qualified and could field whatever team they want. The exact same thing played out on the final match day of 2018 WCQ, where Mexico fielded a weaker side and Honduras was the only country in our group to take points off of them.

Let’s hope Honduras is too far behind for this to matter. 

• Admin locked this topic