The Road to Qatar.

Binky

3 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

Plays in the 3rd tier of the Spanish league and has never played a full game for Haiti... so not a big loss at all.

Although he's actually from Canada, so probably good he doesn't play and burn us.

A Haitian-Canadian from Ottawa, like David. He might be from the same suburb or Orleans too?

---

Piette got no respect too when he was in the Spanish 3rd tier.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

4 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

A Haitian-Canadian from Ottawa, like David. He might be from the same suburb or Orleans too?

---

Piette got no respect too when he was in the Spanish 3rd tier.

Piette has played lots for Canada. This guy has played for Haiti for years and years and never played a full 90. Usually plays 20 minutes or so here and there. Clearly not that important to the side.

11 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

That's a spoiler haha, Kent won't be happy!

Ha, I was watching live. At halftime I was just sober enough to remember other people. After the game apparently that is no longer the case since I liked his comment before I saw yours. :D

Apologies to the other people.

Deferred punishments for yellow card accumulation are the dumbest thing in the sport.  It means the beneficiary of the punishment always differs from the team that was the victim of the offense. 

In the real world it's like robbing a Wendy's on Tuesday and getting only a warning.  Then robbing a Mcdonald's on Wednesday, and being told to pay a fine to Chipotle on Thursday as punishment.

Haiti’s Soni Mustivar(formerly of SKC) pulled up with a muscle injury in the first half today and had to be replaced with Canadian born HFX player Jeme Geffrard. 

If Mustivar cant play it will hurt Haiti. 

Edited by king1010

6 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Deferred punishments for yellow card accumulation are the dumbest thing in the sport.  It means the beneficiary of the punishment always differs from the team that was the victim of the offense. 

In the real world it's like robbing a Wendy's on Tuesday and getting only a warning.  Then robbing a Mcdonald's on Wednesday, and being told to pay a fine to Chipotle on Thursday as punishment.

You're making me hungry.

Random fact: the only international / American fast-food chain bold enough to do business in Haiti is Dominos Pizza.

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Out of curiousity, is Atiba definitely out for the Haiti games?  I know he opted out of this round but I wonder if there is any chance we call him for these ones. They will be hard games and we could use his experience down in Haiti.  

In the initial squad discussion on one soccer today they mentioned he could potentially be added for next round if we made it through. 

Dont see it though. Get him fit and rested and have him, even mayne Arfield in the gold cup squad.

• Admin locked this topic