The Road to Qatar.

Binky

The turf is starting to flood, this is wild. 

Haiti has been the better squad but have to feel for Nicaragua a bit here. 

Hard to play the ball through the air cause into the wind and hard to play it on the ground with an inch of water on the ground. 

Edited by apbsmith

If we really want to play the game of looking too far ahead, the Panama vs Dominican Republic game is pretty huge. If Dominican Republic manage to upset Panama, that would mean no Panama in the Octagonal. I'd feel better playing Curacao or Guatemala than Panama, and of course I'd rather Dominican Republic than any of them.

Just now, Obinna said:

Neither team's style is going to thrive in those conditions, whether it is us or Suriname who advance.

I am not sure any team’s style would thrive in a windstorm with a flooded pitch.  Seems like just generally bad conditions all around.  

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am not sure any team’s style would thrive in a windstorm with a flooded pitch.  Seems like just generally bad conditions all around.  

Yeah true, but Haiti basically play kick and run, so perhaps they would suffer less. Also they've gone through it now today, so maybe they deal with it slightly better. 

In the other match T+T win 2-0 over St. Kitts in a match that didn't matter.

Coming up at 7pm:

Match that doesn't matter: Barbados v Dominica

Match that does matter: Grenada v Montserrat 

Haven't found a stream for either game.

Montserrat needs to win by 5+ and hope the El Salvador v Antigua + Barbuda ends in a tie.

17 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Yeah true, but Haiti basically play kick and run, so perhaps they would suffer less. Also they've gone through it now today, so maybe they deal with it slightly better. 

I would take Canada in a kick and run matchup, regardless of normal style. 

19 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

@Olympique_de_Marseille what’s the likelihood of some Concacafery outside the team hotel the night before the match?

Should we go through, it is highly unlikely.

It's not that kind of culture + the perimetre around the Marriott in Port-au-Prince is rather big.

I think there may be more interest in random people trying to get pictures or autographs, especially from David or Davies.

COVID risks would be my primary concern.

• Admin locked this topic