The Road to Qatar.

Binky

3 minutes ago, jtpc said:

I'm glad to see there's no crowd at the Haiti/Nicaragua match. In the event we're playing there on Saturday, that's less of a home match for Haiti than I was expecting.

Agree. 

I honestly not sure who I would prefer. After watching Nicaragua at home in front of that wild atmosphere a few days ago, Nicaragua definitely have a huge edge at home. 

Nicaragua were minutes literally seconds from blocking Jamaica from the hex last cycle.

Edited by apbsmith

6 minutes ago, jtpc said:

I'm glad to see there's no crowd at the Haiti/Nicaragua match. In the event we're playing there on Saturday, that's less of a home match for Haiti than I was expecting.

Is this a fifa sanction? Or just Haiti’s choice due to COVID? 

5 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Is this a fifa sanction? Or just Haiti’s choice due to COVID? 

COVID restrictions. COVID number have increased quite a bit in the last month in Haiti (albeit starting at a low point) so they recently enacted stricter measures. 

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

Scores:

St. Vincent - Cuba - 0-1 FT

Guyana - Puerto Rico 0-2 FT

T+T - St. Kitts - 1-0 HT

Haiti - Nicaragua - 0-0 HT

I called Cuba winning and Puerto Rico winning. T & T is beating St Kitts so far at HT but yet couldn't beat Bahamas tho...like you see the irony right? 

I want Nicaragua to beat Haiti 

Just now, Kadenge said:

I think our team would like another shot at Haiti for GC redemption and in a 2 game playoff we take them. Plenty of motivation.

Yeah that is true but I prefer Nicaragua because that is the better match up for us on paper should we beat Suriname tonight 

1 minute ago, apbsmith said:

Looks like 40k+ winds and a massive rain storm. 

Nicaragua going straight into the headwind now. 

Don't see how they score 2 now.  Ball seems to be floating in the air when they try to clear it into the wind lol. 

Any team is going to have to deal with these conditions should they play in Haiti

• Admin locked this topic