The Road to Qatar.

Binky

I believe they will hit 10-0. So we will need to score goals tomorrow to regain the +/- goal differential. I can officially SMH to the handful of individuals that said this game could end in a draw. 

Fairly clinical in front of goal form what I've watched so far. 

Entire squad looks like a team of well rounded 10+ year professional/vets that know how to play solid formations as a team. I'm sure the 2 weeks together in camp has helped also. 

They look very well organized, but it's always easier to hold shape and play together vs a weaker opponent. 

We will need to put the big boy pants on next 2 games, no questions. 

game 1- regain goal differential

game2- quality opponent

In the earlier games:

Antigua beat Grenada 1-0 to keep the pressure on El Salvador.

St. Kitts beat Guyana 3-0. A tie with T+T would see them advance. Puerto Rico is not eliminated.

Also Guatemala is smashing St. Vincent 5-0 at the half. I guess more teams have realized the importance of goal difference.

3 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I don't think the scoreline will be as egregious as some are saying.  Suriname looks like they're playing half-speed.  If they were smart, they'd substitute a couple at half.

I guess it depends on whether they genuinely think they can score enough to gain the tiebreaker over us. I can't see how we don't score at least 4 tomorrow, meaning they'd need like 11 today to overtake us. Not sure that's going to happen.

It's all well and good for Suriname to beat an unmotivated Bermuda by more goals than us, but beating Canada is going to be a completely different test, much like us beating them will be a completely different test. 

The difference is that we've beat teams of this caliber, they haven't. Not saying they can't, because they very much can, but the pace of the game will be much higher against us, and it will be interesting to see if they can shift gears. 

Also, Apparently Donald is not 100% fit, so perhaps like Osorio.

On 6/2/2021 at 6:55 PM, shorty said:

Not really. Antigua and ES play each other. If they draw, even if they win their other games it could come down to goal difference as all three of Montserrat, AB and ES would be tied on 8 with draws all around. (I think — correct me if I’m wrong)

Given a draw between Antigua and El Salvador on the final matchday, a Montserrat win against Grenada would put them above Antigua on goal difference. ( " +4 " for Antigua vs " +5 or more " for Montserrat ). Due to this, realistically, Antigua only goes through if they can beat El Salvador on the final matchday.

An hour before our match against Aruba, El Salvador will start the process of running up the score against the U.S. Virgin Islands in the hope that if they do end of getting a draw against Antigua in the final match, they will still stand above both Montserrat and Antigua.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

49 minutes ago, Bigcountry90 said:

Puerto Rico and Guyana eliminated! 

Thanks.

Assuming T & T can beat Bahamas (they should!) they will also need a win against St. Kitts.

St. Kitts completely in control in this group.

If I'm Singh I'd be like:

back in time for dinner omg GIF by CBC

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

• Admin locked this topic