The Road to Qatar.

Binky

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Its going to be tough. They will need both El Salvador and Antigua + Barbuda to slip up.

Not really. Antigua and ES play each other. If they draw, even if they win their other games it could come down to goal difference as all three of Montserrat, AB and ES would be tied on 8 with draws all around. (I think — correct me if I’m wrong)

Agreed that Aruba is settling into the game, but wow there are some bad turnovers on both sides. Definitely think that Aruba should be considered above Cayman regardless of ranking. Cayman’s defending is atrocious. Nice strike by John but I would hope that most of us could pick the top corner with that much time on the edge of the 18. 

2 minutes ago, shorty said:

Not really. Antigua and ES play each other. If they draw, even if they win their other games it could come down to goal difference as all three of Montserrat, AB and ES would be tied on 8 with draws all around. (I think — correct me if I’m wrong)

Think there is also a way if Antigua loses to Grenada but they beat El Salvador Monserrat would advance (if they beat Grenada).

46 minutes ago, narduch said:

By the way I hope this isn't the stadium we are using on Saturday.

Where are the floodlights? 

I think we used another one at IMG last time.

32 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Aruba is up 2-1...I just never would have foreseen this

Because you didn't read the posts in the other thread about Aruba getting their European guys for this window.

This isn't a surprise.

13 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

I had to turn the Aruba game off. Painful. I think there is better play in the men's 35+ beer league down at the park. Canada beats Aruba 8-0

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Same.  Couldn’t watch it for very long. 

The snobbery on this board is always hilarious. 

Either way Puerto Rico in action against the Bahamas 

They have an interesting project, lots of young guys in the USL.

10 minutes ago, VinceA said:

The snobbery on this board is always hilarious. 

Either way Puerto Rico in action against the Bahamas 

They have an interesting project, lots of young guys in the USL.

Snobbery? No. There is good and there is bad and that game was not good.  I'll be happy to point out when Canada is sucking too. 

15 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Either way Puerto Rico in action...

Thanks for the link.

Love the commentary. The main announcer treats every "r" like a "rr" and every "rr" like a "rrrrrrrrrrr".

@Unnamed Trialist and his Barcelona sensibilities would disagree but I think all Spanish as a Second Language teachers should be drawn from a pool of Latin American fútbol announcers. :D

14 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Thanks for the link.

Love the commentary. The main announcer treats every "r" like a "rr" and every "rr" like a "rrrrrrrrrrr".

@Unnamed Trialist and his Barcelona sensibilities would disagree but I think all Spanish as a Second Language teachers should be drawn from a pool of Latin American fútbol announcers. :D

The best way to learn the language is to have a major crush on your first teacher---so no!

• Admin locked this topic