The Road to Qatar.

Binky

1 hour ago, Tyson M said:

Good to see some pics, but didn't see Borjan in any of these. Anyone else notice anyone missing?

Kinda funny that some people are saying they don't really trust Borjan and that we should look to move on from him as #1. Now, with the massive match against Suriname we have no Crepeau in the squad, St. Clair is out of form and dropped by Minnesota, and Pantemis is the third keeper in camp. Can never have too much depth.

41 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Did not see this posted previoulsy. Discussion re  our upcoming games. Gareth must be on John's payroll lol.

OneSoccer: Expectations & predictions for CanMNT’s upcoming World Cup qualifiers – Canadian Premier League (canpl.ca)

Yesterday was the most heated I’ve seen Wheeler and Platt get and I was 100% in agreement with Platt.

I think he goes directly on to a very hot seat and if he then has a bad gold cup he should 100% be fired. I think he totally screwed up the last Gold Cup.

I recognize that Suriname and Haiti are tougher than the average person might think.. but cmon. It will be a Honduras 8-1 level embarrassment if we lose to them

Edited by SpursFlu

21 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@xabuep2 I think it is funny that fans from a baseball country like the D. R. are mocking Panama.

What happened to the Estadio Olímpico Rommel Fernández?

What about the small Estadio Maracaná?

The Maracana stadium does not have the size that Fifa requires for a World Cup qualifying match as I understand it. Besides that its synthetic field no longer has the expected level. As for Rommel Fernandez, it was already planned to modernize it but the covid pandemic and the slowness of the work made it impossible to adapt it in time for the WCQ matches. The works began in April and will finish in August, including changes in the lighting, the dressing rooms and among other improvements that are required to have a high-level infrastructure. Just in time for the octagonal (I hope so😉). 

About the Dominicans, I think they are more afraid than us. I personally don't think they win. Maybe a draw, so we must beat Anguilla with the most goals. These qualifiers are very exciting

Rommel Fernández tendrá cancha similar a los mejores clubes del mundo (presidencia.gob.pa)

Edited by xabuep2

I recently went back and watched the Gold Cup Canada Mexico game. Its amazing how the game changed after Arfield and I think David came on. It really made me sit back and think what if. Then considering what happened against Haiti i think Herdman really screwed that up

But I have no reason to think we won't get things done 

Edited by SpursFlu

Considering we'll be playing Suriname in the USA I'm not that worried. If we were playing in Suriname I'd be worried just because we're horrible playing away in Central American and Caribbean countries. Playing in the USA is no different than playing in Canada, shouldn't be a problem except if they have an amazing game and we have a horrible one.

If we do manage to beat both Aruba and Suriname and then win the 2 legged playoff, then for sure Herdman will keep his job. But let's say Herdman and Canada fail to win the Gold Cup in 2021 but get to the Octagonal, then Herdman will still be our manager regardless. Either way Herdman is the best man for this job now until he proves otherwise. However, it is up to our personnel that being the players to do their job and win games at the end of the day especially if that be winning a Gold Cup or getting to an Octagonal to qualify for the World Cup in Qatar.

7 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I recently went back and watched the Gold Cup Canada Mexico game. Its amazing how the game changed after Arfield and I think David came on. It really made me sit back and think what if. Then considering what happened against Haiti i think Herdman really screwed that up

But I have no reason to think we won't get things done 

I remembered it being Arfield and Oso that were subbed in, I forgot about David being subbed in as well. I went back to look and it was David for Larin at 57’ then Arfield and Oso for Teibert and Johnson at 60’. I remember thinking we started to look great in midfield after the Arfield/Oso changes, but I’m sure David helped as well.

7 hours ago, narduch said:

Concacaf qualifying window starts today with the 4 v 5 seeds. All times ET. 

Really only Montserrat has a slim chance still of all the teams playing.

image.png.566d85677e7f84c7b429a11920cd754c.png

To that point, Montserrat, US Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico are the only teams not already eliminated.

If Montserrat lose, they are eliminated.
If USVI don't win, they are eliminated.
If Puerto Rico doesn't win, they will be eliminated.

Edited by Kent
Missed a scenario

Buddy I've got major Concacaf fever right now.. I've get multiple screens up. A couple sketchy streams, a Facebook page rocking. Dominica is killing it. Theyve got a guy from the Albanian 2nd division who's eligible thru his great granny. Im hoping they cap tie him in the 2nd half. Montserrat is currently doing some hokey pokey type workout for their warm up with a herd of cows grazing in the background, really adding to the atmosphere. Cuba kicks off soon but with 6 players cuz a few guys went AWOL last night. We're back baby, it gets no better, what a time to be alive 

Edited by SpursFlu

• Admin locked this topic