The Road to Qatar.

Binky

Just now, Alex said:

Maybe I’m being overly optimistic but I’m not as worried or concerned about Suriname as I was the last few months. Don’t get me wrong, I’m concerned but I have a better feeling about facing them after looking at all their players a bit more. 

I have said it before but will repeat it.  We should be nervous - we don’t want to underestimate anyone or assume we have won anything before a ball is kicked.  

But they should be absolutely terrified of us.  

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Maybe I’m being overly optimistic but I’m not as worried or concerned about Suriname as I was the last few months. Don’t get me wrong, I’m concerned but I have a better feeling about facing them after looking at all their players a bit more. 

I just want to be sure that we have the edge on goal difference going into the last game so we only need a draw.  As long as Aruba can limit the damage tonight then we should have the edge.  Would be a nice bonus if a full strength Bermuda can take points from Suriname.

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I have said it before but will repeat it.  We should be nervous - we don’t want to underestimate anyone or assume we have won anything before a ball is kicked.  

But they should be absolutely terrified of us.  

I totally agree with this mindset 

1 minute ago, One American said:

Count me as the first to want to go back to the Match-play, semis, Hex or Ocho. Too much riding on the result to make decisions based on which team felt sorry for the opponent earlier. 

In this format you pump them for whatever you can.  If you ease up because of pity in a format where goal differential may come into play, that is on you.  

• Admin locked this topic