• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@admin Again this is Robert's new account. It's actually impressive how you and TGAA can singlehandedly ruin intelligent discussion from hundreds of people and turn this forum into a frustrating

It's too early to start individual match threads (even for me!) but here is some  key info for our next window. Our matches: "Away" at Aruba,  Saturday, June 5th "Home" vs Suriname Tuesday

If we can't win this group, we only have ourselves to blame. I don't think anyone in our group would be favoured to make it to the World Cup, so if we think we can make a World Cup, we should have no

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Also, this is an aside, but does anyone know if this violence is in any way linked to the Haitian people rioting and fighting for the removal of their corrupt government?

No, this was purely a football riot and seems to have been very much an isolated incident.

A tense final game to decide the league winner (return leg). There had already been fights between players during the first leg.

A chair thrown into the stands is said to be the moment that set everything off.

2 dead.

https://www.alterpresse.org/spip.php?article26568

https://www.sofoot.com/d1-haiti-le-titre-attribue-malgre-les-deux-morts-lors-de-la-finale-494220.html

----

Political/social riots take place in the streets and are country-wide (or at least in Port-au-Prince).

This was strictly in the town of Arcahaie

----

We shall see what FIFA decides for WCQ.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille
51 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Real recognize real.

Yah people killing each other at a football match in the name of fighting a corrupt government. Right on stick it to the man. People standing on the corner holding a sign fighting a corrupt government, arrest those flat earthers!

And I think to myself, what a wonderful....

On 2/18/2021 at 5:38 PM, SpursFlu said:

How am I supposed to fix my grammar without an edit button? Their has to be an edit button

Not sure if I missed something, but if you legit can't find it, three dots on the top right of your comment.

image.png.716195d9c6907677f3d1584555ab654f.png

Edited by Kent
Because I can!
8 minutes ago, Kent said:

Not sure if I missed something, but if you legit can't find it, thee dots on the top right of your comment.

image.png.716195d9c6907677f3d1584555ab654f.png

He's making a dig at those who take issue with his posts. When they are no longer interested in refuting his arguments, they just resort to mocking his errors in grammar (which is telling btw).

Anyways, he knows where the edit function is. It's all good. 

Edited by Obinna
2 hours ago, Obinna said:

He's making a dig at those who take issue with his posts. When they are no longer interested in refuting his arguments, they just resort to mocking his errors in grammar (which is telling btw).

Anyways, he knows where the edit function is. It's all good. 

I mock his spelling and grammar because I enjoy doing it, and because I simply don't like him. Refuting his myriad bullshit arguments became meaningless a long time ago. It doesn't stop him just posting more bullshit, regardless.

29 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

I mock his spelling and grammar because I enjoy doing it, and because I simply don't like his opinions. Refuting his myriad bullshit arguments became meaningless a long time ago. It doesn't stop him just posting more bullshit, regardless.

FYP :)

28 minutes ago, Obinna said:

FYP :)

I'm pretty sure there is nothing to fix. It's him.

Some or your opinions @Obinna , I strongly disagree with, but you are well spoken and respectful. We can disagree in a civil fashion and continue to converse without any disagreement devolving into nonsensical arguments, trolling, insults etc. As it should be.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be possible with @SpursFlu.  He is rude from start to finish.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille
Just now, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Some or your opinions @Obinna , I strongly disagree with but you are well spoken and respectful. We can disagree in a civil fashion and continue to converse without any disagreement devolving in nonsensical arguments, trolling, insults etc. As it should be.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be possible with @SpursFlu

Agreed. He doesn't do himself any favors. However, @SthMelbRed and others engage him in the same way, so it's the pot calling the kettle black, if you ask me.

The way it generally goes down is that he says something controversial, but instead of respectfully disagreeing or just ignoring him, he gets insulted. Then, instead of ignoring the insults, he goes on the counter attack. Then it goes back and forth and gets ugly. 

So I think there's plenty of blame to go around, if that's what we're doing. It's not just @SpursFlu surrounded by a bunch of angels.  

11 hours ago, Obinna said:

lol it's the internet. You dislike who you think he is as a person, based on his conduct on a soccer forum. 

I'm sure he's not as bad of a guy as you imagine. I suspect you two may even have a lot in common, truth be told.

I'm such a jerk here sometimes I am nasty to the few who are personal friends. Only recently I have learnt to temper comments thinking hey, we drink-chant-hang out together and even do road trips: maybe I should treat him like a person!

Apparently the best way to get news on what is happening with Canada's WCQ is follow press in the Caribbean. 

Bermuda's Wells is hoping to make the matches. The article mentions that the match v. Canada is not set yet.

https://www.royalgazette.com/soccer/sport/article/20210219/nahki-wells-still-targeting-world-cup-ʽbut-it-has-to-make-sense/

56 minutes ago, narduch said:

Sounds like the match v. Cayman Islands will most likely be in Florida.

So I'm guessing we play both matches there. 

https://www.caymancompass.com/2021/02/19/world-cup-qualifiers-still-on-for-cayman/

Thanks for the link!

Getting our news from the press in Central America or the Caribbean has been the modus operandi of #CanMNT fans for years!

Not confirmed from any official sources, but a Surinamese soccer fan tweeted last night there was speculation their March 27th away match (scheduled to be played in Aruba) might be played in Tampa. I wonder if that's something most of the group is considering (a centralized Florida location) or if that's just what Aruba is trying to arrange for their home match. They also said most of the countries in the group want to do a single location (Suriname being the exception, not sure if there are others) as their federation was trying to get permission to play their March 24th home match against the Cayman Islands at home in Suriname. It looks like that's been granted, according to the Cayman Compass article.

Edited by jtpc

We may be able to have a nearly full squad in the 1st match against Bermuda and then go with a more domestic side v. the Caymans.

In the She Believes cup the CanWNT just released Gilles so she could make her next league match in France. France requires a 7 day quarantine. So we could have David for the Bermuda game but would have to release him afterwards so that he doesn't miss Lille's match against PSG on April 4.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

So Miller and Johnston are two names left off the Olympic roster. The most likely scenario is that they'll be with the senior team in March. 

Is it fair to assume then that the likes of Buchanan and St. Clair will not be with the senior team? 

It's fair to assume that 2nd ranked options were sent to the Olympic teams, and the 3rd ranked sent to backup in the WCQ

LCB:
1. Miller
2. Cornelilus
3. Kennedy

RB: 
1. Laryea
2. Brault-Guillard
3. Johnston

is the way I see it.