The Road to Qatar.

Binky

1 hour ago, narduch said:

For instance Germany allows travel to Canada as they consider us a safe country. But if we have a road game in a high risk country a person would need to quarantine for 14 days upon re entry.

Could this mean no Davies away to Haiti, should both teams get there?

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I hope he is asked about the status of high priority dual nationals. 

Like who? Other than Ferreira and maybe Ferdi and Marmoush, I think we've done a pretty good job of scooping up the players that have options and this is one of the reasons we're talking about a Golden Generation. 

Ferreira is the only one that makes the starting 11(if not injured!) and that's only because our backline is shambolic(CB Cornelius + whoever is not equal to what we are putting out at other positions).

Ferdi has so much potential he would be great to cap(if actually interested), but I would be doubtful of him coming over to play the junk teams we will have in our pool. He is likely able to make the dutch team and tbh his Canadian ties are tenuous anyways.

Marmoush is interesting as well, but he doesn't play much and hasn't scored in Bundesliga. Maybe he would be a good call up vs a minnow because for the reserves he scored fairly often. I just don't see him as a huge part moving forward what with all the other attacking players we already have coming up.

14 hours ago, jtpc said:

According to the FIFA website, the draw will be livestreamed on FIFA.com and on their official YouTube page.

Of the 26 countries they list that the livestream will not be available in, only 2 are CONCACAF nations: USA and Puerto Rico, so we should be able to access it tomorrow.

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/coming-soon-live-stream-for-the-preliminary-draw-for-concacaf-qatar-2022-qualifi

Here is the link. Still nothing appearing yet though.

The draw has Óscar David Suazo Velázquez a former Honduran national team player, so we know it will be rigged against us (jokes). :D

Interestingly, his last game with Honduras was the game we should have won at BMO Field in June 2012. :(

EDIT: Also, since this draw is in Switzerland, are they using Blatter's hot&cold balls? :D  https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10313221/sepp-blatter-claims-european-draws-fixed-by-using-hot-and-cold-balls

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

• Admin locked this topic