Jump to content

Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty


shamrock
 Share

Recommended Posts

Man with the news of TFC not wanting to be very active in the market to give the young guys a chance....my disdain for the club from holding the players back, and the Voyageurs cup fiasco has simmered based on this revelation. 

It's going to be an exciting season watching guys like Jahkeele, Jayden, Jullian, Jordan, Ralph and Noble. They are paired with some of the best players in the league like Mavinga, and Pozuelo...so it's very exciting. 

I was leaning to spending more time when I can to watch York....but TFC has brought it to 50/50. 

Here's to hoping fans can be in the stands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Shway said:

Man with the news of TFC not wanting to be very active in the market to give the young guys a chance....my disdain for the club from holding the players back, and the Voyageurs cup fiasco has simmered based on this revelation. 

It's going to be an exciting season watching guys like Jahkeele, Jayden, Jullian, Jordan, Ralph and Noble. They are paired with some of the best players in the league like Mavinga, and Pozuelo...so it's very exciting. 

I was leaning to spending more time when I can to watch York....but TFC has brought it to 50/50. 

Here's to hoping fans can be in the stands.

I'm from Missouri...SHOW ME!!  Last I looked, Peruzza is prob 5th on the striker depth chart, and they still have Poz, Bradley, Osorio, Delgado, Fraser, Deleon, Endoh at midfield.  I'm still hoping we see a couple of those guys you mentioned loaned out, they need to be playing every week.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I'm from Missouri...SHOW ME!!  Last I looked, Peruzza is prob 5th on the striker depth chart, and they still have Poz, Bradley, Osorio, Delgado, Fraser, Deleon, Endoh at midfield.  I'm still hoping we see a couple of those guys you mentioned loaned out, they need to be playing every week.  

1. Jozy and Ayo

3. Mullins

4. Perruzza

Jozy's gonna play 5-10 games, with a few of those being sub appearances from coming back from injuries. Ayo's still out with what people have speculated to be COVID, so hopefully he gets healthy soon but who knows.

Still not sure what formation Armas will play but if it's a 4-3-3 which he used with NYRB then the non-Canadian wingers are Deleon Endoh Gallardo and Achara and none of them are guaranteed starters except for maybe Deleon. 

The only position with a logjam would be midfield but out of Fraser Priso and Okello not sure who would get loaned, especially because Okello just came back from one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Still not sure what formation Armas will play but if it's a 4-3-3 which he used with NYRB then the non-Canadian wingers are Deleon Endoh Gallardo and Achara and none of them are guaranteed starters except for maybe Deleon.

I don't believe that Achara has returned to training yet after his surgery last year. The other three are far from the toughest competition for the kids. If Marshall-Rutty is anywhere as good as the hype he'll have a really good opportunity to establish himself this year. Same goes for Shaffelburg and Nelson.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With respect to Rutty, I want to see what he can do in MLS against solid pros before I get to hyped up.  The coach’s comments are encouraging but they are also potentially trying to grease the wheels for the next Phonzie-level deal.  And you could put a highlight reel together of my best plays and it would make me seem like a decent footy player - so it doesn’t really prove too much.  Consistently high performance in MLS - like Phonzie did - will be the next thing he has to do to show that the hype is warranted.  And I wish him all the best in that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

With respect to Rutty, I want to see what he can do in MLS against solid pros before I get to hyped up.  The coach’s comments are encouraging but they are also potentially trying to grease the wheels for the next Phonzie-level deal.  And you could put a highlight reel together of my best plays and it would make me seem like a decent footy player - so it doesn’t really prove too much.  Consistently high performance in MLS - like Phonzie did - will be the next thing he has to do to show that the hype is warranted.  And I wish him all the best in that.  

If Marshall is as good as the coaching staff are claiming, and breaks into TFC's line up, then it will benefit him playing for a team that plays attacking soccer. If he has Davies level potential (or even a fraction) he'll be able to better showcase his attacking abilities playing for a team that's not constantly defending, and surrounded by good players. as a TFC supporter I'm genuinely excited at finally having a high level prospect that's from Toronto.

Edited by LeoH037
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

With respect to Rutty, I want to see what he can do in MLS against solid pros before I get to hyped up. 

Says the guy looking for his rookie card that will cost at least $80 according to my thorough research (one ebay search).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Says the guy looking for his rookie card that will cost at least $80 according to my thorough research (one ebay search).

Yeah, the eBay prices are def on the high end.  I am looking around to see more budget oriented options.  
 

I still want to see him show it on the field.  The hype train can only take you so far.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sebdeserio said:

1. Jozy and Ayo

3. Mullins

4. Perruzza

Jozy's gonna play 5-10 games, with a few of those being sub appearances from coming back from injuries. Ayo's still out with what people have speculated to be COVID, so hopefully he gets healthy soon but who knows.

Still not sure what formation Armas will play but if it's a 4-3-3 which he used with NYRB then the non-Canadian wingers are Deleon Endoh Gallardo and Achara and none of them are guaranteed starters except for maybe Deleon. 

The only position with a logjam would be midfield but out of Fraser Priso and Okello not sure who would get loaned, especially because Okello just came back from one.

They think highly of Peruzza, saw a quote where Manning said so, he’s probaly 3 could end up at more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Made the bench tonight, didn’t play. Given some of TFC’s injuries and that they played today I’d imagine we see him Saturday against Montreal, likely a start but at least as a sub. 

Maybe.  But it is possible that he is really still seen as a prospect at this point.  He is only 16 after all.  That is a pretty big ask, even for someone who is extremely talented.  It may be that he is just not quite ready yet - and that is ok.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Maybe.  But it is possible that he is really still seen as a prospect at this point.  He is only 16 after all.  That is a pretty big ask, even for someone who is extremely talented.  It may be that he is just not quite ready yet - and that is ok.  

Maybe not or he’s being brought along slowly, like Davies was. They’re extremely high on him I’d imagine his time will come. Also it’s likely the game plan and sub plan changed when they went up 2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Maybe not or he’s being brought along slowly, like Davies was. They’re extremely high on him I’d imagine his time will come. Also it’s likely the game plan and sub plan changed when they went up 2.

Like Davies 🤔...Is there another person we can compare/reference?

Davies showed he had World Class talent from when he was 16, and it came without pre-hype.

I rather just play the relax, wait and see game with JMR. The reality is, he’s only played 30 minutes of professional football.

Edited by Shway
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Shway said:

Like Davies 🤔...Is there another person we can compare/reference?

Davies showed he had World Class talent from when he was 16, and it came without pre-hype.

I rather just play the relax, wait and see game with JMR. The reality is, he’s only played 30 minutes of professional football.

no sadly no other Canadian. 
 

 

JMR is said to have that same talent, I remember a fair amount of people giving me shit for saying that a 17 (might have been 16) year old Davies would/could start for most MLS teams, there was hype on him but way more caution. If anything Rutty’s hype is higher at the same age/stage. I mean pre season, by the time of the gold cup it had exploded for Davies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

no sadly no other Canadian. 
 

 

JMR is said to have that same talent, I remember a fair amount of people giving me shit for saying that a 17 (might have been 16) year old Davies would/could start for most MLS teams, there was hype on him but way more caution. If anything Rutty’s hype is higher at the same age/stage. I mean pre season, by the time of the gold cup it had exploded for Davies.

But the clear difference is Davies was playing. He was showing out with WFC2, which got him to the bench of the first team and the rest is history.

30 Minutes is not enough for me to believe that same hype as Davies is all I'm saying. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Shway said:

But the clear difference is Davies was playing. He was showing out with WFC2, which got him to the bench of the first team and the rest is history.

30 Minutes is not enough for me to believe that same hype as Davies is all I'm saying. 

Partly Covid’s fault but fair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ivan said:

I think TFC should loan JMR to a CPL club.  He needs to be playing regular minutes this year.

Preferable Forge or York 9 os he's close by, and both those teams need winger type players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Shway said:

Preferable Forge or York 9 os he's close by, and both those teams need winger type players.

It’s unlikely both play in Ontario this year tbh. Same with Atletico, the OHL lost its season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...