Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

First half thoughts-

His passing as been good. Nice weight to them. Brought down a nice ball from the sky, held the ball up and put in a nice cross. 

Not much presence on defence. Doesn't have Shaffs hustle for example... Have to remind myself Shaff is 5 years older lol. 

12 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

First half thoughts-

His passing as been good. Nice weight to them. Brought down a nice ball from the sky, held the ball up and put in a nice cross. 

Not much presence on defence. Doesn't have Shaffs hustle for example... Have to remind myself Shaff is 5 years older lol. 

I feel like he defers to others to make moves or decide before he does anything. It's probably just the age gap but now I realize why commentators and coaches talk about great young players who are fearless. JMR seems like he'd be a great player if he could be more like that. For example when Solteldo dribbled into 5 players near Jakeele he just stood still watching him without making any hard run or providing an attacking move. He just sorta tried to stay out of the way. I bet he'd be great if he trusted his instincts and realized they are probably better decisions than anyone else around him would make. 

Edited by saintjoes

1 minute ago, saintjoes said:

I feel like he defers to others to make moves or decide before he does anything. It's probably just the age gap but now I realize why commentators and coaches talking about great young players who are fearless. JMR seems like he'd be a great player if he could be more like that. For example when Solteldo dribbled into 5 players near Jaleele he just stood still watching him and not making any hard run or providing an attacking move. He just sorta tried to stay out of the way. I bet he'd be great if he trusted his instincts and realized they are probably better decisions than anyone else around him would make. 

We saw with Priso when he first started getting minutes. Seemed afraid to make a mistake. Once Priso scored his goal he changed completely, being more aggressive and making challenging passes.

Might be a similar case here. Needs time to gain confidence. 

He will almost double his MLS minutes with this outing. Hopefully this next half he is more aggressive. 

21 minutes ago, saintjoes said:

I feel like he defers to others to make moves or decide before he does anything. It's probably just the age gap but now I realize why commentators and coaches talk about great young players who are fearless. JMR seems like he'd be a great player if he could be more like that. For example when Solteldo dribbled into 5 players near Jakeele he just stood still watching him without making any hard run or providing an attacking move. He just sorta tried to stay out of the way. I bet he'd be great if he trusted his instincts and realized they are probably better decisions than anyone else around him would make. 

I noticed that on Soteldo’s play as well.   But to be frank, that isn’t just hesitation - he was really ineffective on that play because he didn’t make himself a part of It.  

But since that time he has been pretty positive.   

…and as I type he gets subbed out at 60 minutes.  No idea why he came off.  He has been looking good since the start of the 2nd half and just made a huge run and penalty box tackle to save a breakaway.  

What a dumb decision from Perez.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

Just now, Shway said:

Get this manager out of here. Stupid, stupid, decision.

Seriously.  He hasn’t singlehandedly changed the game, but he was involved lots.  He fed a great pass to Shaff, he has been making lots of give and goes, and he had just made a crucial tackle after tracking back 50 yards.  

I used to support TFC as my MLS team, but I am really starting to dislike this club.  

2nd half-

JMR with a great through ball to Shaff. 

Fanned on a shot outside the box.

Great defensive play that saved a goal. Huge sprint from the halfway line. Great tackle in the box and won the ball with it going out on the attacker.

Gets subbed off at the 61th min..... idk. Thought he was playing fine. Not sure what Perez is thinking. Poz coming on for him....

Despite what Perez will say this will jurt JMR confidence. The season is OVER. He was playing fine. Frustrating to see. 

Hope he keeps his head up. 

Edited by canuckgbp

21 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

We saw with Priso when he first started getting minutes. Seemed afraid to make a mistake. Once Priso scored his goal he changed completely, being more aggressive and making challenging passes.

Might be a similar case here. Needs time to gain confidence. 

He will almost double his MLS minutes with this outing. Hopefully this next half he is more aggressive. 

Yes, he's playing a very careful game.  He's not taking chances.  I'm sure this is by design.

Should he ever get more than 30 minutes of playing time, he'll have more self-confidence and grow into a better player.  You saw flashes of it tonight.

I don’t know what to say, like why the hell is an injured and done Altidore even playing ??? And like look Poz is great but wth… move someone else, Rutty is the future not fucking broken Jozy, 40 year old Giovinco and 40 year old Bradley.

Rutty needs to head to Europe and force a move.

8 minutes ago, jonovision said:

^ Probably a pre-planned decision to bring on Pozuelo and Altidore at this point in the match. 

Even if it was, Pozuelo is now playing centrally and Delgado has moved out to JMR's spot.  There's no way that is by design.  Perez got scared of losing (more) and thought Delgado would be a better option than JMR.  That should tell you all you need to know.

Edit: the smart substitution for Pozuelo would be Osorio, especially considering Osorio's workload after the last two weeks.  

Edited by El Hombre

1 minute ago, canuckgbp said:

After the amazing run and saving a attempt on goal you think he would have second thoughts. Poz or Altidore going to track back like that? 

If it was preplanned and JMR knew it was coming then maybe it is understandable. I don't like it though. 

His agent needs to get him out and tear off Perez’s head, at this point man anyone still trying to win with this team of players who aren’t good enough has to go.

play the kids.

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

His agent needs to get him out and tear off Perez’s head, at this point man anyone still trying to win with this team of players who aren’t good enough has to go.

play the kids.

But but but, TFC have a legitimate shot of moving into a tie with Chicago for 12th in the Eastern Conference.  He HAS to go for it.

It was planned that Pozuelo and Altidore would come on at 60 min but the wrong players came off. Osorio looked absolutely exhausted and naturally so, he was the obvious choice. And I would have taken off Bradley since he can’t defend anymore and neither can he hit the side of docked cruise ship if he was standing on the pier.