Jump to content

Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty


shamrock
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

There's a few on this forum, they know who they are and they chose to be quiet et this time

Actually it would not surprise me if they didn’t know who they are since most people don’t self-identify with a derogatory term that someone else has chosen to vaguely apply to others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ansem said:

He unblocked me. Censoring me was a bad move and he'll go back to ignoring my point of view which was never about him personally.

Harassing? He just didn't agree with my point of view and recognize it was going too far

But I admire your loyalty to the club.

That’s what you do if you support a club you support them from the good times and bad . I’m also a Napoli supporter in Serie A and have supported them even before Maradona and then even when they fell down to Italy’s third division . But I criticize them when I think they are screwing up , but I never stop supporting them . I’ve supported TFC since they started . I supported the Toronto Blizzard in the NASL  and in the old CSL . I’ll support TFC until I go but does not mean I can’t be critical of them. They are utter shit right now but I’m not going to stop supporting them because then what kind of supporter would that make me. Could they have played more Canadians over the years instead of Americans yes maybe . Is there a US player bias over Canadians, well sometimes it can look like that but for all the Canadians that have left TFC that have gone to do well for other teams , a vast majority have not succeeded as well once they left, in the end sometimes players were just not good enough it actually happens you would be surprised. I think what they need to do is to move a lot quicker in loaning players out instead of keeping them and not having them have much playing time , this is where I think has to change going forward loam more players out . But in the end will support this team until I go , but will always be critical when they are shit like the present. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even more baffling is in his post match interview (TFC Republic Game report), Perez stated that JMR had been training well all week and looked great. When they learned Poz couldn't play, they contemplated starting JMR but thought there was "too much pressure being on the road in a new stadium and all".  Are you kidding me?  Two last place teams going nowhere and too much pressure??  Play the kid FFS!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Even more baffling is in his post match interview (TFC Republic Game report), Perez stated that JMR had been training well all week and looked great. When they learned Poz couldn't play, they contemplated starting JMR but thought there was "too much pressure being on the road in a new stadium and all".  Are you kidding me?  Two last place teams going nowhere and too much pressure??  Play the kid FFS!

Anything to deny their error in using the vets….

 

there’s no excuse now, the playoffs are a pipe dream.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't even bother to tune into the TFC game (was happy to watch the CanCon in the Impact game instead). 

TFC are a complete dumpster fire.

This is not the first time they have sucked, but at least the last time they played Canadians. Now they want to "protect" them? From what exactly, gaining experience? 

Clown show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I didn't even bother to tune into the TFC game (was happy to watch the CanCon in the Impact game instead). 

TFC are a complete dumpster fire.

This is not the first time they have sucked, but at least the last time they played Canadians. Now they want to "protect" them? From what exactly, gaining experience? 

Clown show.

Probably… interesting how everyone but them rates their youth…

Wolfsburg rated Okello… so did our NT…

CLB rates Fraser… so does our NT..

Akinola was rated by…. 
 

oh hey Rutty is rated by United, Juventus and a few other… 

 

At a point it’s not about the kids not being good enough, it’s about TFC not being able to develop their youth, and not being able to rate talent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Probably… interesting how everyone but them rates their youth…

Wolfsburg rated Okello… so did our NT…

CLB rates Fraser… so does our NT..

Akinola was rated by…. 
 

oh hey Rutty is rated by United, Juventus and a few other… 

 

At a point it’s not about the kids not being good enough, it’s about TFC not being able to develop their youth, and not being able to rate talent.

I agree with the sentiment, but Wolfsburg rated Okello several years ago. Much of that rating was factoring in a teenagers potential. 

Right now it's clear that Okello is not good enough to star for Toronto FC, let alone Wolfsburg. 

Now, does Okello have the potential to develop into a key player?

Certainly, but so far he's done little in his 9 first team games to impress. 

With more chances he may get there. He should have had at least double the games and minutes at this stage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont understand why TFC brass arent even honest with themselves??  I bring home fruit from the store, it makes me feel good, a nice bowl of fruit on the counter, I'm trying to be healthy.  But my wife reminds me if I just eat baloney sandwiches and the fruit rots it does me no good.  So why buy the fruit if what u really want is baloney??  Why hoard CDN prospects when you know you are only going to use vets?? Be honest, sell or loan those kids.  Keep one nice strawberry and leave those bananas at the store...your wife can only make so many batches of banana muffins. 

And just to be clear, Okello has under 400 minutes scattered over 3 years since signing.  They've let him rot.  He'll never get back those years and we'll never know what he might have been if a team took the time and effort to help him along.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2021 at 12:57 AM, Ansem said:

No they do, they are giving more opportunities to Americans than our own who are being parked at TFC II with Canadian dollars...

You literally can't make this shit up...

TFC apologists are eerily quiet tonight 

What are you even talking about? TFC fans on here have been calling for them to play young Canadians all year. It seems like you are just happy that TFC are losing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I agree with the sentiment, but Wolfsburg rated Okello several years ago. Much of that rating was factoring in a teenagers potential. 

Right now it's clear that Okello is not good enough to star for Toronto FC, let alone Wolfsburg. 

Now, does Okello have the potential to develop into a key player?

Certainly, but so far he's done little in his 9 first team games to impress. 

With more chances he may get there. He should have had at least double the games and minutes at this stage.

Yea I don’t want to judge Okello too much, he was good enough Vs those Mexican teams, I’m not sure any young player has any confidence right now….

 

I can’t trust TFC to rate talent.

 

you can’t just hand a start and take it away from a young player and hand it back and expect them to play the same or even play well. They’re literally breaking his confidence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

And just to be clear, Okello has under 400 minutes scattered over 3 years since signing.  They've let him rot.  He'll never get back those years and we'll never know what he might have been if a team took the time and effort to help him along.  

He's also played 12 games on loan in Denmark and 19 games with the second team. He's only been limited to 400 minutes for the TFC first team. 

I'm not saying it's been enough, because it hasn't, but I wanted to mention is so we are considering the full picture.

If Okello was not ready to compete for a starting position (which seems obvious based on the evidence), he should have been loaned out more often. The second team should be a very temporary situation for guys on a first team contract, like if they are coming back from injury and need a few games to find fitness. TFC treat it like a typical NHL farm team where players yo-yo back and forth, but that's just not a good way to do it in soccer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Yea I don’t want to judge Okello too much, he was good enough Vs those Mexican teams, I’m not sure any young player has any confidence right now….

 

I can’t trust TFC to rate talent.

 

you can’t just hand a start and take it away from a young player and hand it back and expect them to play the same or even play well. They’re literally breaking his confidence.

I don't trust them either. For sure they aren't doing him any favors.

What are his options though? Either leave or find the confidence/ability to force their hand. Look at Ralph Priso, he's clearly convinced them whereas Okello hasn't. 

So that's Okello's blame. 

TFC's blame is not doing a better job of nurturing him. They have failed to find more proper loans. Going back to the second team doesn't count. He should have been on multiple European loans until he was genuinely ready to take someone's spot. At some point he'll impress and Toronto can flip him. 

Bringing him on the bench every 3 or 4 games is doing nothing. 

I think TFC just haven't figured out how to navigate this, but nobody in Major League Soccer utilizes loans very well. Young players generally either get chances or they languish in the reserve system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Be honest, sell or loan those kids

Hit the nail on the head. As a TFC fan, when we were in MLS Cup and CCL contention, not playing Canadian youth didn't bother me. If anything, seeing them run out Jordan Hamilton or Mo Babouli terrified me. But now that they're shit, they need to decide what they want to be. Don't say we're going to lean on youth and only feature guys out of desperation. It wouldn't bother me if they were upfront and said we always want to be a team with a big salary and veteran players that can win - provided they were willing to do right by their youth, develop them as kids, and move them on to better situations. But we all we get is them sitting on the bench and if we're lucky playing injury time.

Either play them and recognize there will be a learning curve (which cannot be any worse than the tire fire we're seeing now) or put them in opportunities where they can actually get some damn minutes and develop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

I don't trust them either. For sure they aren't doing him any favors.

What are his options though? Either leave or find the confidence/ability to force their hand. Look at Ralph Priso, he's clearly convinced them whereas Okello hasn't. 

So that's Okello's blame. 

TFC's blame is not doing a better job of nurturing him. They have failed to find more proper loans. Going back to the second team doesn't count. He should have been on multiple European loans until he was genuinely ready to take someone's spot. At some point he'll impress and Toronto can flip him. 

Bringing him on the bench every 3 or 4 games is doing nothing. 

I think TFC just haven't figured out how to navigate this, but nobody in Major League Soccer utilizes loans very well. Young players generally either get chances or they languish in the reserve system.

We thought Priso had convinced them and then he was inexplicably dropped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

We thought Priso had convinced them and then he was inexplicably dropped.

Yeah but for all intents and purposes he's part of the rotation. Okello definitely is not, nor is Schaffleburg, Rutty, Nelson, etc.

Even with the season-ending injury, hasn't Priso has played more minutes this season than Okello in the past 3?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The other thing too is that TFC loaned out Fraser to Columbus, so it's not like they aren't willing to find solutions for players, they just suck at it.

Maybe part of it is not having the connections overseas.

As far as I am concerned, all of these players should be out on loan in Scandanavia or elsewhere. They need to cut their teeth at a level better than USL and CPL. Ideally they'd do it in MLS, but intra-league loans are weirdly uncommon.

Perhaps it's due to the parity. For many clubs in Europe it's a matter of necessity and their model is such that they wouldn't survive without bringing players in on loan every season. Such clubs play an important role in the player development ecosystem. 

That simply doesn't exist in MLS (in general) and Toronto FC (in particular).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Yeah but for all intents and purposes he's part of the rotation. Okello definitely is not, nor is Schaffleburg, Rutty, Nelson, etc.

Even with the season-ending injury, hasn't Priso has played more minutes this season than Okello in the past 3?

Shaffleburg was part of the rotation…. Rutty got an assist and boom we didn’t see him again…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Yeah but for all intents and purposes he's part of the rotation. Okello definitely is not, nor is Schaffleburg, Rutty, Nelson, etc.

Even with the season-ending injury, hasn't Priso has played more minutes this season than Okello in the past 3?

As you pointed out earlier, not if you are counting the minutes played in Denmark.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

The other thing too is that TFC loaned out Fraser to Columbus, so it's not like they aren't willing to find solutions for players, they just suck at it.

Maybe part of it is not having the connections overseas.

As far as I am concerned, all of these players should be out on loan in Scandanavia or elsewhere. They need to cut their teeth at a level better than USL and CPL. Ideally they'd do it in MLS, but intra-league loans are weirdly uncommon.

Perhaps it's due to the parity. For many clubs in Europe it's a matter of necessity and their model is such that they wouldn't survive without bringing players in on loan every season. Such clubs play an important role in the player development ecosystem. 

That simply doesn't exist in MLS (in general) and Toronto FC (in particular).

No no no, Fraser pushed for that loan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

No no no, Fraser pushed for that loan.

So? TFC never kept him hostage. He wanted a loan and TFC gave it to him, so yes they were willing. Good for Fraser and shame on TFC for waiting until this kid was 23 to get him proper MLS level minutes.

6 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Shaffleburg was part of the rotation…. Rutty got an assist and boom we didn’t see him again…

Schaffleburg has played the most aside from Priso, but it's still not enough. Play him more or loan him out (or sell him). Rutty needs to be loaned out as well.

7 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

As you pointed out earlier, not if you are counting the minutes played in Denmark.  

That was the previous season (2020-21).

Since the 2021 MLS season started, Priso has played more minutes than Okello has in his entire MLS career.

The stats are below you can see for yourself.

Noble Okello | MLSsoccer.com

Ralph Priso-Mbongue | MLSsoccer.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Wolfsburg rated Okello… so did our NT…

This just points to how TFC can’t develop talent.  JMR and Nelson, by most accounts, aren’t getting any better this year.  It’s not a problem if identifying talent, it’s a huge problem that they can’t develop it.  Definitely at the top and TFC II, but probably also even at the higher end of the academy.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where is it written in stone these shitty vets are guaranteed their spots??  They are playing and we are bottom of the league...what do you risk by putting in a prospect.  They could just stop playing endoh.  They could just stop playing Mullins.  They could just stop playing Zav.  They could cut back Delgados minutes.  These are the guys that have helped TFC win a race to the bottom.  There are several vets that dont deserve another minute and I am wondering if there isnt a cancer in that dressing room that needs to be cut out.  That would give the top 2-3 prospects (whatever the nationality) a bit more chance and they couldnt play any worse than the aforementioned.  Thats all anyone wants to see, nobody expects them all to make the team or become starters.  But there should always be a spot for local cheap young rotation players in a salary cap league.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TOcanadafan said:

This just points to how TFC can’t develop talent.  JMR and Nelson, by most accounts, aren’t getting any better this year.  It’s not a problem if identifying talent, it’s a huge problem that they can’t develop it.  Definitely at the top and TFC II, but probably also even at the higher end of the academy.  

Having interests from Wolfsburg doesn't mean he was good enough or would be a lot better now had he gone.

They were also interested in a tfc striker during the same time (name escapes me atm) but he really didn't turn into anything. There's a lot of players that left mls academies to Europe and didn't do anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...