Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

9 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

What am I reading here?

Not strong enough? They're teenagers. They all grow up differently. You guys should know this.

Not good enough because some other 16 year old is doing better? So what? That kid had the privilege of playing with the reserves. Rutty didn't. It's going to take time and experience. What are you expecting here? Not every 16 year old is going to adapt quickly. Doesn't mean he's some failed prodigy. It's like giving up on a 18 year old because he didn't make his debut at 16, what's the logic here?

Heck we've seen 16 year olds like Adu make a quick impact and look how that turned out. Some players adapt quickly but don't grow, while some players adapt slowly but grow substantially. A whole bunch of scenarios. Ridiculous to compare him to another player, in a different role in his team.

It's also ridiculous to blast him, meanwhile the vets and the experienced players on tfc have looked laughable. You want Rutty to carry that?

TFC2 are going to play soon. This is the time to have him switch between senior and reserve team and gain real experience.

It's so odd how people here can overly hype some random young players playing for some youth team in Europe, but a kid didn't impress with his senior team and the dream is already dead.

Is TFC2 going to be playing soon? If so, I hope Marshall Rutty gets a lot of time there vs sticking around at TFC for 10 minutes of match time every few weeks

9 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Is TFC2 going to be playing soon? If so, I hope Marshall Rutty gets a lot of time there vs sticking around at TFC for 10 minutes of match time every few weeks

I believe on May 22.

I'd be very shocked if we don't seen Rutty and Nelson get a lot of mins there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

After having made the bench last game, his time is now:

Feels a little over-baked with that comment. Endoh has seen more time under Perez but not a ton. Still primarily a second choice option when everyone on the roster is healthy.

So JMR is the backup’s backup. I know those are the breaks sometimes but doesn’t exactly enthuse me as a development pathway. There must be a better option here somewhere for the player.

This is more TFC PR / media crap I feel.  They had to call up someone from TFCII so they decide on JMR because they’ve spent time hyping him up, even if it’s not best for his development at the moment (i.e. sitting on the bench).  Perez will continue to use the useless Dwyer and Mullins & Morrow in an attacking roll, over JMR.  He only gave Priso time on the pitch because he had no other useless American vet to call upon first.  TFC has never had a plan on how to properly develop young talent and when the opportunity arose with Vanney leaving to perhaps make it a goal, they dropped the ball.  

28 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

This is more TFC PR / media crap I feel.  They had to call up someone from TFCII so they decide on JMR because they’ve spent time hyping him up, even if it’s not best for his development at the moment (i.e. sitting on the bench).  Perez will continue to use the useless Dwyer and Mullins & Morrow in an attacking roll, over JMR.  He only gave Priso time on the pitch because he had no other useless American vet to call upon first.  TFC has never had a plan on how to properly develop young talent and when the opportunity arose with Vanney leaving to perhaps make it a goal, they dropped the ball.  

To be fair Perez not only gave Priso the shot that he said he deserved, but he also stuck with him so far.

time will tell.

Just now, Dominic94 said:

To be fair Perez not only gave Priso the shot that he said he deserved, but he also stuck with him so far.

time will tell.

Priso only got his shot because a player got injured mid-match. And then Priso proceeded to perform well enough to keep playing.

6 minutes ago, narduch said:

Priso only got his shot because a player got injured mid-match. And then Priso proceeded to perform well enough to keep playing.

Yea, but afterwards Perez had said that Priso had earned it, so I guess he was showing in training that he deserved it.

to be fair, Perez included Rutty in the squad last game, so there’s got to be a belief he can help. 

at the same time Perez is trying to get PTS and the job and to please everyone and not use a revolving door of players like good old Chris.

11 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Yea, but afterwards Perez had said that Priso had earned it, so I guess he was showing in training that he deserved it.

to be fair, Perez included Rutty in the squad last game, so there’s got to be a belief he can help. 

at the same time Perez is trying to get PTS and the job and to please everyone and not use a revolving door of players like good old Chris.

My prediction is that Perez will not get the full time gig.

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

time will tell.

Priso got his shot last year, and did enough to earn his spot as a cheap end of bench midfield back up/spot starter.  With Poz, Osorio and Soteldo all gone for extended periods of course there were spaces for him to come into.    

• 5 weeks later...

Started for TFCII last night in a 2-0 loss. Was subbed out in the mid-2nd half. Played wide right. Got a decent amount of touches but really did nothing all night. This is the second TFCII match I’ve seen him in the past month and he’s been totally anonymous in both.

Seems like this is turning into a wasted year for the youngster. For all the hype he got (which for me was never substantiated at all), it’s surprising to see him play at such a low level and barely seem up to it.  I’m assuming he’ll be getting plenty of time the rest of the year with TFCII (or even I) so we’ll see if he can start to show something.

3 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Started for TFCII last night in a 2-0 loss. Was subbed out in the mid-2nd half. Played wide right. Got a decent amount of touches but really did nothing all night. This is the second TFCII match I’ve seen him in the past month and he’s been totally anonymous in both.

Seems like this is turning into a wasted year for the youngster. For all the hype he got (which for me was never substantiated at all), it’s surprising to see him play at such a low level and barely seem up to it.  I’m assuming he’ll be getting plenty of time the rest of the year with TFCII (or even I) so we’ll see if he can start to show something.

That’s too bad.  He was definitely touted as a major prospect so it would be a shame if he fades - but it does happen.  Maybe he is just in a bit of a rough patch.  Fingers crossed he can turn things around, because a guy who is a top talent should really be a prominent force at that level.   

I watched about 15 mins but not enough to truly judge. In that time.e Okello looked lazy and half arsed. Rutty had a couple of nice runs with no end product, Nelson did nothing, peruzza was invisible and I missed the goals but shipping 3 probably isn't a great sign for Dunn and Singh.

Schaffelburg is there for the rest of the season apparently. Dunn and peruzza can be recalled. I assume the same with okello/rutty.

To be honest….

im not sure any young TFC player is doing well right now and is that confident. It’s a lost year for all of them, they’ve all been dicked around and broken.

who hasn’t been inexplicably dropped from the first team ? And then told they’re ready after having already been told they’re ready ?

TFC is a fucking disaster all around.

9 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I watched about 15 mins but not enough to truly judge. In that time.e Okello looked lazy and half arsed. Rutty had a couple of nice runs with no end product, Nelson did nothing, peruzza was invisible and I missed the goals but shipping 3 probably isn't a great sign for Dunn and Singh.

Schaffelburg is there for the rest of the season apparently. Dunn and peruzza can be recalled. I assume the same with okello/rutty.

Generally agree - Nelson showed some ability but wasn’t ambitious enough and looked to be coasting. Singh was the best of all them and Dunn struggled the most. The commentators even called Dunn out at  one point in the first half for all his errors. If that’s what the TFC coaches are seeing on a regular basis it’s no surprise that he hasn’t had a chance with the first team.

If a student fails you can often blame the student despite the best efforts of the teacher.  

If a whole class fails (or nearly the whole class), you start to ask serious questions about the teacher.  

I am not a TFC hater by any stretch, but the underperformance of so many academy prospects (which are among some of our top national prospects) deserves a hard look. 

First of all that TFC2 team has been a mess from day one , I know it’s there for development but every year they have basically sucked always at the bottom of the standings . There is basically a losing mentality associated with TFC2 being crap from day one. How can this be a positive for any players associated with TFC2. 

8 hours ago, Floortom said:

Generally agree - Nelson showed some ability but wasn’t ambitious enough and looked to be coasting. Singh was the best of all them and Dunn struggled the most. The commentators even called Dunn out at  one point in the first half for all his errors. If that’s what the TFC coaches are seeing on a regular basis it’s no surprise that he hasn’t had a chance with the first team.

So here's the thing. Dunn just played his first game last week. That was after going an entire year of not playing any professional games. So I gotta say, are people surprised that he's going to look rusty/poor? I would personally wait for more games to better judge. He should've been with TFC2 a LONG time ago.

9 hours ago, Floortom said:

AS for Rutty, him and Nelson were actually GREAT in June. They both played upfront together and looked much more confident and comfortable. Unfortunately Rutty got hurt and called up to tfc and went over a month without playing and the same with Nelson.

That right there, is on management, not the kids. TFC forgot that these kids didn't play at all last year because TFC2 didn't have a season. So that's already a wasted year, but to then take them away from TFC2 or not loan them out to sit on the tfc bench for  months was time well wasted.

We also seriously can't expect a 16-17 year old to play with consistency and actually dominate older experienced players. I think sometimes people see that absolute superstars in Europe and are getting confused thinking it's normal for these young players to just come out and dominate. The reality is, it isn't. All this is going to be on TFC though, they need to ease him into their level, not neglect him like they've been doing.

Not long ago, an American writer for MLS even criticized Canadian mls teams of how they are handling their academy kids. This is pattern for the Canadian teams. The talent is there, they just have no bloody clue how to bring them up to the senior level.

1 hour ago, Colliedor said:

So here's the thing. Dunn just played his first game last week. That was after going an entire year of not playing any professional games. So I gotta say, are people surprised that he's going to look rusty/poor? I would personally wait for more games to better judge. He should've been with TFC2 a LONG time ago.

AS for Rutty, him and Nelson were actually GREAT in June. They both played upfront together and looked much more confident and comfortable. Unfortunately Rutty got hurt and called up to tfc and went over a month without playing and the same with Nelson.

That right there, is on management, not the kids. TFC forgot that these kids didn't play at all last year because TFC2 didn't have a season. So that's already a wasted year, but to then take them away from TFC2 or not loan them out to sit on the tfc bench for  months was time well wasted.

We also seriously can't expect a 16-17 year old to play with consistency and actually dominate older experienced players. I think sometimes people see that absolute superstars in Europe and are getting confused thinking it's normal for these young players to just come out and dominate. The reality is, it isn't. All this is going to be on TFC though, they need to ease him into their level, not neglect him like they've been doing.

Not long ago, an American writer for MLS even criticized Canadian mls teams of how they are handling their academy kids. This is pattern for the Canadian teams. The talent is there, they just have no bloody clue how to bring them up to the senior level.

Thanks for clearing that up, makes a lot of sense.

11 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

To be honest….

im not sure any young TFC player is doing well right now and is that confident. It’s a lost year for all of them, they’ve all been dicked around and broken.

TFC is a fucking disaster all around.

How is this Kobe Franklin kid?  Every game he seems to be getting ratings in the 7’s or 8’s on FotMob and is usually TFCII’s highest rated player.

I’ve been saying this since day one and even through the glory years… TFC Academy has no clue what it’s doing.  And it seems like media doesn’t ask any questions because most are in “conflicts of interest”.