Gold Cup QFs - June 29th 2019 - Canada vs Haiti

apbsmith

3 of 4 1st round KO games in Copa America all were decided by PKs .... so who takes ours? Heaven forbid we are tied after 90 mins. 

I want to win in 90 mins obv, as PKs can be a toss up but I do like our player pool & with Borjan in net.

Arfield, Cavallini, Cornelius, David, Davies, Hoilett, Hutch, Kaye, Millar,  Osorio. 

^ Alphabetical order, 10 capable players, included Millar as depending on Kaye's status I think Millar is our FWD sub tonight.

My 5 our:

Arfield

Cavallini

David

Davies

Hutch

Obviously depends who is on the field and tbh was hard leaving Oso and Hoilett not in my 5 takers. Don't see the lads in training but I'm sure it's been decided.

Edited by apbsmith
3 of 4 Copa games

So this video was just released 

within it all these players were there except for maybe Cornelius but I thought he was in the background for one shot. Larin was also in it but he’s not starting.

—————————Borjan——————————

ZBG——Cornelius———Hutchison——Kaye

Hoilett———Osorio———Arfield———Davies

———————David———Cavallini——————

So therefore this is the official lineup.

1 minute ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

I'd rather have stadium ambiance than listen to Rauter stumble through calling a football match.

Then you should shed a tear for the Haitian fans watching the game in Haiti. For every football match I've seen on TV while over there, they essential had cut the entire audio feed and replaced it entirely with the audio from the commentators mics.

No audio at all except for the commentators voices. Terrible! 

56 minutes ago, jonovision said:

If you want a guy who will make sure that by the end of 90 minutes he has read out every factoid from the media notes, then Wileman's your guy. Rauter's not for everyone but with Wileman I often end up watching with the sound off.

No, Luke wants to get in every research he's done by the end of the first half. Maybe this type of filler content is okay for run-of-the -mill MLS matches. But for WWC and even the Gold Cup, you need to let the game breathe. Let the tension and atmosphere seep in. At least Vic and all the best British announcers do this. Even the main Fox announcer has finally learned to not to be afraid of dead air.

So Davies at left back. I am fine with that in this match to help stop the fast counter. 

Atibe in centre and no Pierre which I think makes sense when you see the rest of the lineup. 

No MAK. With the other decisions noted above, I am fine with Oso in the middle instead.  The reality is that we were always going to sit some quality.  If we start chasing the game for some reason, Davies could get pushed up and MAK could fill in at LB. 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I use to cringe, but now I just laugh. We watch to be entertained, right? Is there anything more entertaining than Vic Rauter trying to commentate on soccer?

Last game, I think it was, Canada shifted into a 4-4-2 and he says "Canada moves back into a 4-4.....". 

Did he forget to finish his sentence, or does he think 4-4 is an actual formation? You decide!

Either way, it is the magic of Vic. God love em.

I'm sure I've been listening to him since he started out and he drove me nuts for decades (I complained about him somewhere here awhile ago) but I've come around to your way of thinking! He's just so happy to be there and who can blame him. I'll miss him when he finally retires, he's one of a kind.