Match Thread: June 22, 2019 - York9 FC v. HFX Wanderers

13 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

This is what is being said elsewhere:

CanPL clearly hasn't captured the public imagination in the GTA. Elsewhere things are going a lot better.

What is your malfunction dude? It’s at least twice as many people as midweek, probably more. 

12 minutes ago, Ams1984 said:

It wasn’t a bad turnout. 

It depends on what one considers a good crowd.  Looked horrible on the broadcast from the viewers standpoint.  I tuned in for the start of the second half, saw empty stands, and turned it off.

That's the second York9 match this week that I only realized was being played after it finished. With three major tournaments underway at the moment plus MLS it's difficult to even be reminded that the York 9 is playing as marketing & media presence is next to nil and I'm one of the few people in the region that is even aware of the team's existence.

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

This is what is being said elsewhere:

CanPL clearly hasn't captured the public imagination in the GTA. Elsewhere things are going a lot better.

The running joke in Halifax today  was there were more of us at the bar watching the game then in the stands at York. They had 20 people in the supporters section on a warm sunny Saturday. The league cant let this happen for more then one year I wouldn't think. Tha'ts not negativity that's reality there is just absolutely no base of support.