Lofty

Women's World Cup - June 24th 2019 - R16 Canada vs Sweden

24 minutes ago, Tyson M said:

Beckie yes. Not great and certainly doesn't seem to have earned the "automatic starter" status.

Fleming ARE YOU SERIOUS? Arguably our best player. Also the future of the team. Do you watch the games? She NEVER loses possesion! Have you lost your mind?

ps Most overrated player currently for Canada is Cyle Larin.

I believe it was her giveaway that lead to Buchanan getting booked.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Tyson M said:

Beckie yes. Not great and certainly doesn't seem to have earned the "automatic starter" status.

Fleming ARE YOU SERIOUS? Arguably our best player. Also the future of the team. Do you watch the games? She NEVER loses possesion! Have you lost your mind?

ps Most overrated player currently for Canada is Cyle Larin.

Fleming has underperformed this tournament. Hasn't been horrible like Beckie but has shown to be easily moved off the ball, not in sync with her teammates and not seen make any incisive forward passes (some of it is lack of good movement off the ball by others).

As noted in another thread, her upward trajectory seems to have stalled.

Edited by red card

Canada is not good enough.  This is a much better team than in the past and Canada can control the ball for long periods but there is simply no threat on goal.  Crosses do not find attacking players and I didn't see anything in the centre of the pitch that looked like it would cut through.  Shots were high and wide.  Defence keeps things close but you have to score to win.  Sinclair is not what she used to be and obviously Heiner-Moller doesn't see Huitema as better than a diminished Sinclair.  Frankly, I am afraid of what the future holds.

1 minute ago, RJB said:

I wonder if Herdman will fire his coach?  

Is that Herdman's decision?  I mean, could Floro have fired Herdman?  

We lack some speedy forwards for breakaways.  The only stuff we can do is fart around with ball.  Sinclair has long run out of gas.  Maybe it is time to bring back the Preacher if that was possible.  Never liked the guy but he got results.  Heiner-Moller was always a poor choice for coach.

Zero creativity. All too predictable in every attack. Sinclair, Schmidt, Zadorsky, Beckie, Fleming totally pedestrian. Underwhelming to say the least. H-M poor, predictable substitutions. I did not see any special players out there today. I expected more. They knew how to neutralize us.

1 minute ago, Lofty said:

Did enough to win???

Heiner-Moller is deluded.

While I do think that Sweden were a bit better on the night, and deserved their win, we did have at least a draw in our hands and decided to give it to Beckie, rather than Sinclair, to drive home. 

Unless Sinclair, herself, bottled it and stood down on the penalty of her own accord, I'd be looking to sack managers/drop players over that travesty.