Match Thread: June 15, 2019 - York9 FC v. Pacific FC

I’m looking forward to the game. As you guys said above, let’s hope the weather holds up. Anyways, I think we’ve got a good chance against Pacific, and either way we’ll get to watch the CMNT in the Gold Cup later on! God, I’m looking forward to tomorrow! 

Can you win the golden Boot with own goals. If so, I'd like to put some money McCurdy.

I think the league should consider expanding the cap and squad size soon. I'm sure he's a great guy, but a 27 year-old from Europe who just happened to be hanging around the Island is not what this league was designed for and certainly not "professional."

That said, how did Kadin Chung win all those youth awards. Morey Doner looked much better to me.

Just now, Zem said:

As per @Ansem's post, the main stand is below the camera. Attendance is 2,914.

It was a nice experience. My first time at York Lions Stadium. It looks nice and I'm looking forward to the improvements for next year (like on the promo material)

Sad to see the grass pitch go next year but I get it I guess. The pitch being bigger and standard will be a much better experience and we'll fell even closer to the game.

Baby steps, Rome wasn't built in one day. The point is to grow from this year attendance and add to it.

Hence my frustration at having done zero marketing in North York. Way more people would be at the game if they knew.

The VCup game against Montreal will be good for the team which will attract MLS fans who will most likely want to check it out. The subway station being right next to it makes it a great location.

*Fingers crossed for a North York team once York 9 leaves*

Cripes, as soon as I saw the stands I wondered how long before some smug asshole posts a reddit thread about lack of fans on our thread about the game.  Why wait for official attendance or real fans that are at the game like Ansem when you can jump on the shit train before the game is even over?  

Anyways I had a nice start to super saturday socceropolis with my son, switching back and forth between Spongebob and CBC.  Where was Ingham hiding before this?  Wasting away on a USL bench? 

6 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Cripes, as soon as I saw the stands I wondered how long before some smug ******* posts a reddit thread about lack of fans on our thread about the game.  Why wait for official attendance or real fans that are at the game like Ansem when you can jump on the **** train before the game is even over?  

Anyways I had a nice start to super saturday socceropolis with my son, switching back and forth between Spongebob and CBC.  Where was Ingham hiding before this?  Wasting away on a USL bench? 

Like i always say, if i wanted to read Reddit posts, i would go to Reddit.