Friendly - June 10, 2019 - Canada v Trinidad and Tobago

9 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

So it’s clearly a friendly and not a scrimmage.. not sure if that’s to protect Herdman since they are the only ones saying that.  We wouldn’t need Trinidad to stop over from Japan to Minnesota for a scrimmage and they wouldn’t either.  Official kits, numbers and pennant it’s a friendly.  Why is our FA so strange? 

Looks like we may have Hutchinson at CB this gold cup.

I don't know what their motives are, but in a few days the training wheels come off and the show begins for real. As fans it is frustrating I agree, but if we get results this will all be forgotten....I hope

1 minute ago, Pottsy3 said:

Most interesting thing to me is that Arfield is the captain even with Atiba in the XI 

I’m guessing this is Atiba being his usual professional and humble self. He probably said to keep Arfield as captain because he’s done after the gold cup. 

41 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

I don't know what their motives are, but in a few days the training wheels come off and the show begins for real. As fans it is frustrating I agree, but if we get results this will all be forgotten....I hope

I think that is what Herdman and the CSA are banking on.  If we go deep in the GC and hit hard in the Nations League, the lack of friendlies and secrecy over this one will bea non issue.  All will be forgiven and everyone will feel the Sizzle.

Of course if we shag it all completely, people will ask about the lack of preparation in the buildup to major events.

12 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I think that is what Herdman and the CSA are banking on.  If we go deep in the GC and hit hard in the Nations League, the lack of friendlies and secrecy over this one will bea non issue.  All will be forgiven and everyone will feel the Sizzle.

Of course if we shag it all completely, people will ask about the lack of preparation in the buildup to major events.

I think it is reasonable for us to question the lack of preparation, by way of friendlies, no matter what happens.  The guys simply need more games together. Can't get around it.

5 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

I think it is reasonable for us to question the lack of preparation, by way of friendlies, no matter what happens.  The guys simply need more games together. Can't get around it.

I agree.  I just think all will be forgiven and forgotten if things go well.  And if they don't, we will have other things to complain about.

10 minutes ago, Addona said:

Little hard to tell, but does that pic look like 3 at the back???

If only there were an easier way to know our formation for our only prep match before a continental championship tournament...

It does appear to be a 3 at the back in that pic.

Also Teibert is #7 on the Gold Cup roster, so looks like he got a run out as well today.

1 minute ago, apbsmith said:

It does appear to be a 3 at the back in that pic.

Also Teibert is #7 on the Gold Cup roster, so looks like he got a run out as well today.

pic was probably taken in the 2nd half after several subs were made. Looks like Larin, David, Millar, Johnson and possibly Godinho in the pic?.