Friendly - June 10, 2019 - Canada v Trinidad and Tobago

1 hour ago, JuicyHam said:

Watching the US playing Jamaica right now and the commentators have talked extensively about how important these friendlies and training camps are for their future and preparation. 

Why are we allergic to scheduling actual friendlies? Especially friendlies in Canada 

$$$$$$$$$$$$

27 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I think this friendly is to be played on Sunday the 9th of June.

https://int.soccerway.com/matches/2019/06/10/world/friendlies/trinidad-and-tobago/canada/3023698/

soccerway agrees with you.  How strange is this?  Why no announcement?  Are we going to be deploying a new tactic that we want under wraps? Is Herdman ducking scrutiny before the group stages? Oddest thing.

Edited by CanadaFan123

6 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

https://int.soccerway.com/matches/2019/06/10/world/friendlies/trinidad-and-tobago/canada/3023698/

soccerway agrees with you.  How strange is this?  Why no announcement?  Are we going to be deploying a new tactic that we want under wraps? Is Herdman ducking scrutiny before the group stages? Oddest thing.

Yeah, I saw it on my goal app and also the national team wiki page. Perhaps we should change the title to reflect this. 

2 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Disappointing if that's the case. No caps or stats for any players involved. So Herdman lied when he said Canada would play some friendlies before the GC.

Closed door doesn't mean that there are no caps or stats. It literally just means that the doors are closed to fans at the venue.

5 minutes ago, RS said:

Closed door doesn't mean that there are no caps or stats. It literally just means that the doors are closed to fans at the venue.

Depends, if the CSA has been silent on it it could be because it's unofficial. Hopefully it's a full international friendly.

Just now, VinceA said:

Depends, if the CSA has been silent on it it could be because it's unofficial. Hopefully it's a full international friendly.

Right, it could be unofficial. But you're talking as if it's definitively unofficial.

11 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

As stated, this info does not seem to be correct; T&T stating that the game is Monday (NOT Sunday). 

The stadium is wrong too. There are currently renovations there; the Banc (where LAFC) plays makes more sense as it is not being renovated, had a better surface and is soccer-specific. 

Most times we play close door friendlies they are official. Why should this be different?

Perhaps the CSA hasn't announced it because they are still dotting the i's and crossing the t's. This all came together pretty late, so I am not surprised to hear it is closed door. I just hope it happens.

Not trying to play devil's advocate, but I do wonder if perhaps they are simply keeping it "closed doors" or "tight lipped" with the Women World Cup game also on the 10th.

I don't 100% agree with this and not saying it's the reason, however it could very likely be a possibility there is some type of "media blackout" going into the match.

As long as it actually happens is all I really care about. I'm cool with a mini post game recap that allowed Herdman to experiment a few things.

1 hour ago, apbsmith said:

Not trying to play devil's advocate, but I do wonder if perhaps they are simply keeping it "closed doors" or "tight lipped" with the Women World Cup game also on the 10th.

I don't 100% agree with this and not saying it's the reason, however it could very likely be a possibility there is some type of "media blackout" going into the match.

As long as it actually happens is all I really care about. I'm cool with a mini post game recap that allowed Herdman to experiment a few things.

I hope not because that would never be allowed the other way around but I do feel that would be a reason here.  Great, so the one time we have a friendly for the first time in over a year we can’t watch because it so happens that people of the opposite sex are playing on another continent. 

This should not be an issue but I think the CSA is scared of Sinclair and the women enough that this is plausible.  If someone is going to watch Canada’s friendly over the women’s World Cup they obviously didn’t care that much to begin with.

2 hours ago, apbsmith said:

Unless they scheduled this friendly to begin between 10am and 1:45pm L.A. time (seems unlikely but possible), the Voyageurs board has now gone into full paranoid/conspiracy theory mode. ;)