Match Thread: June 12, 2019 - Valour FC v HFX Wanderers - 2nd Round - 2nd Leg

9 hours ago, jonovision said:

What a ******* **** display from Valour. They may be the worst team in the league.

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine shitting on Valour like that and pissing on both FCE and Valour in the other match thread. Clearly some teams are having some problems getting things figured out at this point in the season. A few weeks ago it looked like Pacific and York 9 were going nowhere. It's a new league with new teams and new rosters and I am sure the players, coaches and supporters of the teams that struggle are feeling it and really want to turn things around.

But go ahead and fling the disparaging remarks if that floats your boat.  

Staying positive.

1).  I'm pleasantly surprised by the crowd last night, but some of that may be due to low expectations.  Smallest so far (and youngest) but I'd have put it at 3,500, maybe pushing 4K.  Pal works the venue and said there was a fair bit of complaining from season ticket holders about how this non-league match was included in their season passes and poorly advertised as such.  So still a pretty good crowd for what had to have been a fair number of no shows.

2).  Field looks okay.  The grid iron lines came off earlier this week so decent job from the "groundskeepers" or whatever you'd call them.

3).  Has been great fun trying to explain the Vs Cup to people who're having a hard time understanding playing in a touney during the league season.  And some of these are soccer people FFS.  Telling them it's a bonspiel seems to work.  How Winnipeg is that? 

1 hour ago, Sport Shaman said:

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine shitting on Valour like that and pissing on both FCE and Valour in the other match thread. Clearly some teams are having some problems getting things figured out at this point in the season. A few weeks ago it looked like Pacific and York 9 were going nowhere. It's a new league with new teams and new rosters and I am sure the players, coaches and supporters of the teams that struggle are feeling it and really want to turn things around.

But go ahead and fling the disparaging remarks if that floats your boat.  

The evidence is there. They probably looked best in their loss to Calgary. Apart from that we have:

• a 1-0 win over Edmonton, who are very bad
  • a win over Pacific with a deflected goal and another that was offside
  • an uninspiring win over Halifax
  • their goalkeepers costing them results against Calgary away, today, and last week

On current form, they are the worst. How am I wrong? I'd be sunnier if it just seemed like they were in a tough stretch but their personnel at key positions (GK, CB, ST) just isn't good enough.

Edited by jonovision

4 hours ago, jonovision said:

The evidence is there. They probably looked best in their loss to Calgary. Apart from that we have:

• a 1-0 win over Edmonton, who are very bad
  • a win over Pacific with a deflected goal and another that was offside
  • an uninspiring win over Halifax
  • their goalkeepers costing them results against Calgary away, today, and last week

On current form, they are the worst. How am I wrong? I'd be sunnier if it just seemed like they were in a tough stretch but their personnel at key positions (GK, CB, ST) just isn't good enough.

I don't disagree with the evidence that you presented. I feel your pain as a supporter but in FCE land we went through some ups and a lot of downs during our NASL days. Players, coaches and fans just got to fight through it and keep on keeping on; unless they are at the end of their rope and have lost all hope. That's okay too; I can't fault anyone for having those feelings. League football is a marathon, not a sprint (well Spring season is kind of a sprint) so I say hang in there. Considering your team took points off my team at the last CPL match I attended, we in FCE land could be felling even lower than you Valour people do. It gets better, trust me on that.

BTW, brain farts aside, I thought Farago was a pretty good keeper when he was with FCE. Did you see Renard score the own goal in France vs Norway? I bet she feels like an ass but I think she will fight through it and Tyson hopefully will too. 

I am still happy to have a team even if they are on a bad run.  Complaining about the CB, Keeper gaffs, lack of scoring these are god given rights of fans across the world.  So get angry!  Complain if you want about the roster!  Angry but interested, invested and going to the games is  a good thing.   

But I dont know if we can do much about it now, there wont be significant mid season re enforcements coming.  I hope Gayle has some flexability to try and get a bit more out of the puzzle pieces he has.  There is a lot of skill in that roster.  Although 2 solid USL players I expected a lot from (Thomas/Murell) have been disappointments.  I expected defense to be a strength.  

I feel where some of you guys are coming from. Leaving the Wanderers ground after the 1-0 loss at home to Vaughn I felt some despair. However I think most clubs will have alot of ups and downs til things start to settle in the fall season. I think then we will get a real indication of who is for real and who is not.

Just watched the replay with a slightly more sober eye.  Few things I'm taking away before Valour sail off into the V's Cup sunset.  Or is it wrecking onto the rocks?  Whichever.  Either way, bye-bye.

Actually thought that was Murrell's best match by a long shot. 

On second viewing, Ohin was even more impressive last night than I had already given him credit for.  He's taken this opportunity in style.

Unforced errors are killing this team.  You know, like arse passes to nowhere and all those give and goes that have actually gone and went.  Ug.

And  don't get me going on the forced errors.  It's bad enought to get caught in possession on what should be a pretty routine shielding action but loosing the ball, your lunch money AND your 1st girlfriends virginity all at once to the same defender?  Now that's a bit much...

Muenkat.    No. Not going there. 

Speaking of THAT BAD. We're in 104,  we choose our seats for the sight angles on the north goal.  The broadcast doesn't do the Kourouma goal justice.  

Cheeta (aka, Old Fat Wingback);  Oy.  That's bloody harsh.  Terrible position to surrender a free kick.  Terrible. 

Wee Elf (aka, crazy keeper);  Two man wall?  Well, if he's comfortable with it OK I guess but I wouldn't cheat off the near post as much as he's ... 

Cheeta; OH FOR FU'K SAKES.!!

Edited by Cheeta

52 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Speaking of THAT BAD. We're in 104,  we choose our seats for the sight angles on the north goal.  The broadcast doesn't do the Kourouma goal justice.  

Cheeta (aka, Old Fat Wingback);  Oy.  That's bloody harsh.  Terrible position to surrender a free kick.  Terrible. 

Wee Elf (aka, crazy keeper);  Two man wall?  Well, if he's comfortable with it OK I guess but I wouldn't cheat off the near post as much as he's ... 

Cheeta; OH FOR FU'K SAKES.!!

Did you see on the broadcast Mitter and Murrell just tearing a strip off of Farago after the goal? I don't think I've ever seen that before.

10 hours ago, jonovision said:

Did you see on the broadcast Mitter and Murrell just tearing a strip off of Farago after the goal? I don't think I've ever seen that before.

You need to watch some TFC, after every big gaff Ciman makes he wildly spins around looking for someone to point and scream at like they were responsible.  

• 2 weeks later...