Match Thread: June 11, 2019 - Cavalry FC v Forge FC - 2nd Round - 2nd Leg

Forge missed Welshman lastnight, but they were really missing Nowack too. Centre forward is not Borges' proper position. Any one else surprised with Forge's second half subs? Choiniere off, neither Nanco nor Zajac on? Through the course of the season so far, Calgary is the better team. But, Forge is the better team to watch, sigh.

Edited by RickC

I'm really disappointed with how this tie played out for Forge, giving up a late penalty at home then throwing away a lead on the road is poor, the team continues to play some attractive soccer with very little end product! The inability to take advantage of many scoring chances is doing this team in, that was a very poor showing in the second half! Cavalry are the class of the league but were there for the taking last night, I hope they can give the Caps a game!

2 hours ago, Lofty said:

Looking forward to this one! Giant Killing cup feats come to Canada!

If you know your history you might remember that FCE came close to defeating both the Impact and the Whitecaps in this competition in different years. Thanks to those "awesome" Canadian referees like Drew Fisher, Dave Gantar and Sylvie Petrescu and the mysterious 6 or 7 minutes of time added on to at least one of those games it didn't happen and the precious appearance of MLS superiority was retained. I was also in attendance at an Ottawa Fury V Cup match where they took it to the Whitecaps in leg 1 and put a scare into them. If Cavalry or one of the other teams do end up winning in aggregate against one of Canada's MLS teams it would be part of an evolution that came close before and now finally achieves the feat. It will not be an isolated case of "Giant Killing cup feats come to Canada!"

Learn your history and it will help put the present day possibilities into the bigger picture. Besides, none of the CPL teams have done it yet so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

5 hours ago, Lofty said:

You seem to be triggered by my rather innocuous post and I have no idea why.

triggered.jpg

Triggered is not the correct description. Just reminding you and others that it's been (almost) done before. I don't recall seeing your username on the V board until recently so I wasn't sure how recently you came to the party.

3 hours ago, Sport Shaman said:

Triggered is not the correct description. Just reminding you and others that it's been (almost) done before. I don't recall seeing your username on the V board until recently so I wasn't sure how recently you came to the party.

Doug ( dsqpr) has been around for a while and is quite the historian! 😀

Maybe I shouldn't have let everyone in on that although when he joined the new board he mentioned he had to do a name change, Lofty was a dead giveaway to him being a QPR fan I mean how many QPR fans are there on here?😲