Sign in to follow this  
admin

Women's World Cup - June 10th 2019 - Canada vs Cameroon

On 6/7/2019 at 7:43 PM, admin said:

Will post an updated list of viewing parties.  Kick off time not helping.

If I can stay up to 5.30 AM watch the Raptors, those back in Canada can bloody well make an effort for midday matches back home!!

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

If I can stay up to 5.30 AM watch the Raptors, those back in Canada can bloody well make an effort for midday matches back home!!

Well, it's a problem if the bar isn't open. 

Knock in goal from corner after about 5 minutes of good pressure. Before that, a lot of good dangerous movement from Cameroon for about 8 minutes, fast and tough.

Hopefully, Canada can take advantage of Cameroon having to open up their bus and avoid a quick counter attack.

I am watching from a bad, dodgy, pirate link into TSN, so will not share. Not even on Direct TV in Argentina.

It's a fast game and there's not much time on the ball, but there have been a few flashes.  Beckie and Sinclair work some nice 1-2s 

My POTM: Sophie Schmidt.

Honourable mention: Desiree Scott.

Canada struggled to make good scoring chances against the Cameroon block. In the first half Canada seemed intent on setting up Sinclair, rather than just scoring.

Another very good referee performance. The refs I have seen so far are not falling into the trap of blowing the whistle every time someone falls down.

1 minute ago, Lofty said:

My POTM: Sophie Schmidt.

Honourable mention: Desiree Scott.

Canada struggled to make good scoring chances against the Cameroon block. In the first half Canada seemed intent on setting up Sinclair, rather than just scoring.

Another very good referee performance. The refs I have seen so far are not falling into the trap of blowing the whistle every time someone falls down.

I approve the referee as well.  Players I liked were Chapman first then Lawrence.

1 minute ago, The Ref said:

I approve the referee as well.  Players I liked were Chapman first then Lawrence.

Yes, both Chapman and Lawrence played very well too.