Match Thread: June 4, 2019 - Forge FC v Cavalry FC - 2nd Round - 1st Leg

On 6/4/2019 at 7:29 PM, Shortdutchcanuck said:

I really feel like this was a big moment for Forge FC as a club though.  A lot of fans brought together by mutual anger and disbelief at end of game.  'The Fix is In' and 'CPL loves Cavalry' were a couple chants I hears.  Great to see the passion.

Were the fans serious, or do they really think that the fix is in against the club the league awarded the first ever game to, and a club that got a bye in the first round of the Voyagers Cup as well as being one of only 3 possible clubs to go to this years CONCACAF League? 

6 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Were the fans serious, or do they really think that the fix is in against the club the league awarded the first ever game to, and a club that got a bye in the first round of the Voyagers Cup as well as being one of only 3 possible clubs to go to this years CONCACAF League? 

😁 In-stadium emotion.

Caught up in the moment at the time due to two heartbreaking moments against Calgary.  

Partly due to error where teams were told 4 min AT but stadium  announcement was 2 min, so we were all wondering why ref hadn't blown whistle.

We were aware of complaint that Calgary player in 1st game had been able to place ball well ahead of where free kick was supposed to be taken.  Also frustrated that Mavila's and others' incessant fouling and man-handling of Borges took so long to produce a card, as it was obviously part of TFW's gameplan.

In stadium it was difficult to see the collision, yours eyes just immediately went to the goal-line clearance and we all thought the game was over.  It was a mad scramble and everything happened so quick.  Then suddenly Forge players were gathered around ref and we were all like what the fuck, he called a penalty, are you kidding me?  Then to boot Roberts was red-carded and no replay was shown.

Just seemed like out of nowhere the ref made this crazy decision where we all thought he had blown final whistle and we had won.  

I'm sure most of us, like typical fans, screamed the fix is in, went home, watched the replay, and accepted it was a penalty (and that a high boot was missed just prior) if not a sending off.

Things have started to take off now...what a thrilling match and how I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out next week.  Tough on Forge in the end, but I believe it was a penalty.

Cavalry are getting the results, but you have to think the lucky bounces are going to come to an end soon.

In any event, I can see either team giving Vancouver a run for their money in round 3 of the cup.