Sign in to follow this  
grasshopper1917

Match Thread: June 1, 2019 - HFX Wanderers v. Pacific FC

58 minutes ago, ktf said:

PFC just gives the ball away too cheaply. The young players especially just tend to be too easily dispossessed in critical areas.

This is one of the biggest problems. Against physically stronger teams like Edmonton the teens are pushovers. They looked a bit better against HFX today but this is probably the hardest issue to correct.

Ok just woke u from my post game nap.  First thoughts wow was an amazing game. Second thought dunno what Hart said at halftime but it worked. Finally they really packed them in the Wanderer grounds today..... even the standing room sections were jammed - amazing day.

A nail-biter of a game, but I think we just about shaded the result.  The ol' ticker was in my throat with that late Pacific chance that Oxner just managed to keep out.

I have to say I was impressed with Kourouma and IIda turned it up a notch in the second half.  Perea held the ball up quite well for the most part and Schaale was pretty solid as well.  Still not 100 percent convinced on Arnone (prefer Hocine to him), but there is still time to turn it around.

Haber was a disappointment for Pacific though I admit that I'm a fan of Ben Fisk...I wouldn't mind him on the Wanderers.

Another great crowd and still unbeaten at home in the league, so some positives as the Wanderers head into Wednesday night.

Cheers,

Terry

9 hours ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

McCurdy totally useless tho. Not a pro player.

I was a little surprised that Legault didn't start.

20 hours ago, Terry_Canuck said:

A nail-biter of a game, but I think we just about shaded the result.  The ol' ticker was in my throat with that late Pacific chance that Oxner just managed to keep out.

I have to say I was impressed with Kourouma and IIda turned it up a notch in the second half.  Perea held the ball up quite well for the most part and Schaale was pretty solid as well.  Still not 100 percent convinced on Arnone (prefer Hocine to him), but there is still time to turn it around.

Haber was a disappointment for Pacific though I admit that I'm a fan of Ben Fisk...I wouldn't mind him on the Wanderers.

Another great crowd and still unbeaten at home in the league, so some positives as the Wanderers head into Wednesday night.

Cheers,

Terry

I'm also not on the Arnone train yet. I think I prefer both Hocine AND N'Sa... so we'll see what Hart prefers over time. 

10 hours ago, Copes said:

I'm also not on the Arnone train yet. I think I prefer both Hocine AND N'Sa... so we'll see what Hart prefers over time. 

I think he's cover for both right now as I've heard they're on the bench with slight knocks. He's made some howlers on the defensive side, but other than that has been relatively steady.