Sign in to follow this  
Chad_Impact

Karifa Yao

Nearly 6'2. Interested go see if he is loaned or gets some minutes this year. Could also be a surprise u23 call up. Not sure he would be ahead of those that have been playing regularly though.

On 6/1/2019 at 1:52 PM, dyslexic nam said:

FWIW, I think any new play thread in the CMNTsection should include a bit of basic info about the player.

https://www.canadasoccer.com/?pid=5118&t=profile&

Born and raised in Montreal.  Known to the folks that run the national youth camps.

What ever happened to the player threads being in the 'players' section instead of the 'Men's National Teams' section? I guess most were already created in the national team section that it seemed too much work.

3 hours ago, Big_M said:

Just subbed on for his first mls game replacing waterman in the second half vs philly..not a good performance by waterman

Considering the fact Montreal went down to ten men, and are low-key a tire fire i'm not surprised.

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

Considering the fact Montreal went down to ten men, and are low-key a tire fire i'm not surprised.

Funny that the night before, RSL went down to ten men and yet looked like they had the man advantage for much of the remainder of the match, in the end getting done in by a first class set up and finish.

I'm curious to know more about Yao.

Edited by BearcatSA

11 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Funny that the night before, RSL went down to ten men and yet looked like they had the man advantage for much of the remainder of the match, in the end getting done by a first class set up and finish.

I'm curious to know more about Yao.

MDS for some reason likes to pull the guys back and wait for the counter when the Caps are man up. Frustrating to watch but none the less has worked, barely. 

1 hour ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

MDS for some reason likes to pull the guys back and wait for the counter when the Caps are man up. Frustrating to watch but none the less has worked, barely. 

They couldn't keep possession, with one cheap giveaway leading to the RSL goal.

Anyone know how this guy did in the last two matches?  In the Buchanan thread where there was a highlight of his assist, he looked big and very fast tracking back but he did leave his man to close down Buchanan who then just dumped the ball off to him who scored.  Frankly Binks should have tried to shut down Buchanan and Yao should have stayed where he was in my view but I think Yao tried to overcompensate for Binks acting like a pylon and it cost them. Binks should have also spotted the danger when Yao tried to close down Buchanan but didn’t and just stood there. So I put most of the blame there