Match Thread: May 29, 2019 - Forge FC v FC Edmonton - CONCACAF League Qualifier

Looking good for CONCACAF League.  Fun, lively crowd down at THF, didn't look like the announced 6000 to me but still a good crowd on a Wednesday night.  Finally some nice weather as well after the monsoon in York on Saturday.  People around me all seemed quite impressed with the level of soccer.

Curious to see what kind of crowd we get vs Calgary in Voyageurs Cup next Tuesday.

I missed today's due to working night shift and will miss Tuesday's as well...but I do feel a bug coming on...if the weather co-operates we should see a similar if not slightly larger crowd because Forge have a little momentum going. Not sure if the Raptors play Tuesday night though.

2 hours ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Game 3 for Raptors is Wednesday so no conflict there.  Curious what kind of crowd we would draw if we did beat Cavalry and faced Whitecaps in next round.  Could see a lot of people coming out for that on a nice night.

We were discussing that post game, of course it hinges on us disposing of an unbeaten team first, I think playing the Caps would be a fairly big deal and if marketed right could draw a nice walk up of casual fans who identify with MLS teams, others didn't think so, I just hope we have a chance to find out!