Match Thread: May 29, 2019 - HFX Wanderers v. York 9

4 hours ago, Copes said:

I hope not, but I suspect you're right. I think that the team we saw last night was quite close to our "preferred XI". I always want to see Schaale / Langwa / John / Kourouma / Perea on the field so I hope we can at least maintain that. If we had Bona -> Sukunda, Iida -> Guti I think those would be sidegrades. Arnone -> N'sa or Hocine would be an upgrade. Williams -> Oxner is a slight downgrade. Garcia -> anyone, Simmons -> Outtara would likely be downgrades. 

We'll see what we see. Perea is the biggest one for me though. He is all about the holdup play, which is fine, but there were numerous instances where he successfully launched other attackers. That is something we haven't had, and its something we desperately need. I feel like Skublak has a build that could also play this way, but he is very very raw compared to Perea.

simmons was HfX Man of the match as per the post game interview 

9 hours ago, Silverfox said:

simmons was HfX Man of the match as per the post game interview 

Yeah he played well. Thats why I think replacing him would be a downgrade. He and John looked good together.

Wrong on Gogarty..he is very good on the ball..gives quality pass to feet and has a great left foot..on this game he had higher passing accuracy then gasparotto at 89.3%..sent one bad ball forward in the first half..and defensively hes been excellent stepping in at the right time..overall hes been better then gasparotto and springer

20 hours ago, Big_M said:

Wrong on Gogarty..he is very good on the ball..gives quality pass to feet and has a great left foot..on this game he had higher passing accuracy then gasparotto at 89.3%..sent one bad ball forward in the first half..and defensively hes been excellent stepping in at the right time..overall hes been better then gasparotto and springer

Gogarty does look but he’s not better than Gasparotto. Passing accuracy isn’t the best metric for defenders. Gasparotto looks nonplussed under pressure, his tackling is fantastic, his positioning is good, he hasn’t made an obvious mistake in any of the games that I recall. 

On 6/1/2019 at 11:53 AM, Big_M said:

I lol'ed. I can tell you haven't been paying full attention to the games, or you're a friend of his or something lol.