Match Thread: May 25 2019 - York 9 v. Forge FC

OneSoccer puts on Cavalry match and doesnt give option to watch York when it gets back on..then theres a goal and they switch it to show York but dont give option to watch Cavalry..one of the first big fails of OneSoccer for this league

13 minutes ago, Kent said:

They have shown more than one match at a time, but I guess this is the first time that it wasn't scheduled to happen. Frustrating that the game isn't available. I get that it won't be shown on CBC anymore, but was hoping to catch it on onesoccer.

P.S. After the midweek game I thought the field didn't look as small on camera as they were stating. That was from watching it on my desktop monitor. Today watching on my living room TV it did look small.

What a black eye for the CPL today, how can one of your broadcast partners in CBC not continuing showing the game even after the rain delay has come to an end. In the broadcast world you finish what you start, simple as that. It also goes back to the Heidi game in the NFL. What a joke.

3 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Same strory for york..got more chances then forge but couldnt finish and finally concede..gotta look at making a couple changes up front probably start cox next game

Yeah, the few minutes Cox played, he looked good. I’d like to see him get a start. 

Ive tried to watch two games on one soccer so far and both have had issues with the stream. 

York9 needs some reinforcements. If it wasn’t for Telfer they would have maybe 1 point on the season and probably lost to Blainville. Cox should start that Sweed is awful. 

2 minutes ago, gator said:

What a **** show at the stadium, Barton Street Battalion told the game is cancelled and they had to leave the stadium, a very poor way to treat away supporters who have travelled to see their team play!

Sorry to hear that - you commuted a good distance to watch your team. I was at the game, and my buddy and I stayed as long as possible before we were told that we had to leave and that the game was abandoned. I just heard that the game was resumed after all, and it was completed in full. I'm pissed.

I'm pissed that security wanted me to leave the covered overhang I was sheltering under and walk to my car - ten minutes away.

A covered overhang is far from ideal, but it's got to be a lot better than walking for ten minutes through a parking lot during the middle of a thunderstorm.

Might as well stick a giant sign on my head that says "We don't care if you get killed, just don't do it on our property"

Edited by Gopherbashi

There were definitely some serious miss steps today from CBC, One Soccer and York 9 stadium staff.  Hopefully these were learning moments .

I don't understand why CBC wouldn't at least continue to stream the game, even if they weren't willing to broadcast it

Edited by MrsC
had more to add

Just now, Gopherbashi said:

I'm pissed that security wanted me to leave the covered overhang I was sheltering under and walk to my car - ten minutes away.

A covered overhang is far from ideal, but it's got to be a lot better than walking for ten minutes through a parking lot during the middle of a thunderstorm.

Might as well stick a giant sign on my head that says "We don't care if you get killed, just don't do it on our property"

I was in that overhang as well. I got the sense that they just wanted to pawn off responsibility so they wouldn't get in trouble. Terrible way to treat any fans. I'm kind of curious if anyone got back into the stadium once the game resumed - i.e. just hang around long enough, despite the hot garbage we were being fed by security.

1 minute ago, Toronto Ruffrider said:

I was in that overhang as well. I got the sense that they just wanted to pawn off responsibility so they wouldn't get in trouble. Terrible way to treat any fans. I'm kind of curious if anyone got back into the stadium once the game resumed - i.e. just hang around long enough, despite the hot garbage we were being fed by security.

If we were under the same overhang after I went to get the car - thanks for sticking up for my wife and son against security!

Just now, Gopherbashi said:

If we were under the same overhang after I went to get the car - thanks for sticking up for my wife and son against security!

I don't think that was me lol, but thanks anyway! Maybe I was under a different part of the overhang. I moved to the overhang by the west-side loge suites at half-time, and I stayed there for a bit after the ref called the players from the field. I moved with my buddy to that enclosed suite by the north-west corner for a little while before we were told by security that the game was abandoned.

I just got home, and I am beyond livid at York 9 FC. We all want the team to succeed, but what a terrible first impression.

I was one of the lucky few who found shelter inside the building and were let back into the stadium before the start of the game. But I too was told by a security guard that the game was cancelled (but I knew better). Also heard from many others told the same thing (felt crappiest for fans who apparently travelled from as far as Montreal and Victoria but ended up leaving).

And as Gopher mentions, completely appalling that families and well anyone was sent away from the overhangs. Security could have at least directed people to nearby campus buildings if they felt overhangs were unsafe.

There was pretty much no communication throughout the weather.

And after all this mess, security had the gall to recheck my ticket, when I walked back to the supporters section.

----

And I forgot to mention, security decided it was a good idea to funnel both Hamilton and York 9 supporters through the same exit. Unsurprisingly, fights broke out. Shame on the fans that fought but the management could've avoided it.

Edited by yellowsweatygorilla

I was under the southwest cover overhang. They told us that for safety reasons due to the lightning/rainstorm that the building was being evacuated and that we could wait in the neighbouring York U building if/when the game restarted.

I walked to another overhang and no one said anything. I eventually left since I had another engagement. But the event staff were clearly uncoordinated. They were even less coordinated on Wednesday but it didn’t stick out since there was 60-70% less attendance.

Very poor management and communication.