Match Thread: May 25 2019 - York 9 v. Forge FC

Match at 4pm ET today for York 9's CPL home opener vs. Forge. Game will be live on CBC and One Soccer.

York 9 will be looking to get out of the league basement.

Forge will be looking to keep pace with Cavalry and try to stay in the title race.

There is currently a thunder storm passing through the area but the weather should be clear for the match.

A classic cpl game..very open..could go both ways..york has a lot of quality and potential but as usual they make wrong decisions or bad execution in the final third..if they change that they could be a very strong team

York looking better than they did in the V Cup.  Forge with the better chances IMO, but Y9 definitely have a chance to grab some points.

And not to be pointlessly critical, but that wide running track is a killer.  Narrow pitch, doesn't look good, and I am sure it detracts for the fan experience.  

On the bright side, I am a convert in terms of liking York shirts.  

They have shown more than one match at a time, but I guess this is the first time that it wasn't scheduled to happen. Frustrating that the game isn't available. I get that it won't be shown on CBC anymore, but was hoping to catch it on onesoccer.

P.S. After the midweek game I thought the field didn't look as small on camera as they were stating. That was from watching it on my desktop monitor. Today watching on my living room TV it did look small.

1 minute ago, SoccMan said:

Really what the hell we waited around on the concourse then security told us to leave the game was abandoned, how the hell can they be playing now ?

Wut? That's brutal