Most impressive players so far

1 hour ago, Ivan said:

I would agree with those nominated above.  Borges and Zator have been really impressive.  I have also been very impressed with Zoom Langwa.

Exactly my picks. 

Verhoeven started strong but like the rest of Pacific have dipped. 

Waterman, wheeldon and schaale have also impressed me. Novak has taken the bull by the horns too. 

I know York hasn't looked great, but Murofushi has been consistently solid, tidy passing, and even managed well defensively today with a number of blocks and tackles. 

Estevez-tsai needs to be more consistent but he's shown glimmers of creativity and neat passing, including today's lead up to the adjei miss.

Gattas, we still haven't seen enough of but he was massive today vs Pacific 

17 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

I know York hasn't looked great, but Murofushi has been consistently solid, tidy passing, and even managed well defensively today with a number of blocks and tackles. 

Estevez-tsai needs to be more consistent but he's shown glimmers of creativity and neat passing, including today's lead up to the adjei miss.

Gattas, we still haven't seen enough of but he was massive today vs Pacific 

Agreed. I also think Gasparotto deserves some props, he’s a beast at CB. 

After watching most of Cavalry /Eddies, I'll second the nomination of Connor James.  And I'll add my Valour pick - Ali Musse.

So that is one (surprisingly) impressive player from each team for me so far in this young season:

Pacific - Chung

Cavalry - Zator

FCE - James

Valour - Musse

Forge - Borges

York9 - Ingham

HFX - Langwa

From my team, Langwa and N'sa have been the unexpected standouts. Wanderers have a solid defense I think. 

Other teams players that I've noticed have been Thomas and Borges on Forge and Chung for Pacfic. Telfer has impressed as well but that doesn't surprise me.