Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Big_M

Match Thread--May 12th 2019--Edmonton vs Pacific

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The card was definitely a yellow, as he was late and studs up. Red was close, if it had not been given, it would not have been a crisis. 

Gantar clearly trying to compensate not calling roughness the first game, being discredited with the sanction against Bekker. 

For me, about the game, the worst and least attractive match so far in CPL.

I am not seeing positive coaching from Silberbauer, and clearly having so many teens on the pitch is to take down your chances of a result, since they are really at their limit.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue for Pacific is they have no center forward and offensive players not doing enough but they have to try something quickly..maybe bring nakajima

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Big_M said:

The issue for Pacific is they have no center forward and offensive players not doing enough but they have to try something quickly..maybe bring nakajima

Isnt haber a CF?

nvm. Not playing. Please ignore me lol

Edited by king1010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is Haber not even on the bench? Injured or Pacific started to realize Falkirk fans opinion of him as being the worst player they had ever had on a full-time contract was not hyperbole after all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man PFC has been lacklustre since their first match. If they can’t get a win or even score in this game after being a man up for 60 minutes their spring split is over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have seen it claimed they blew a lot of money on Marcel de Jong and to a lesser extent Marcus Haber making the rest of the squad smaller and relatively weak in quality compared to what it might otherwise have been, but seems a bit far-fetched to blow a large portion of your budget on a left back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Have seen it claimed they blew a lot of money on Marcel de Jong and to a lesser extent Marcus Haber making the rest of the squad smaller and relatively weak in quality compared to what it might otherwise have been, but seems a bit far-fetched to blow a large portion of your budget on a left back.

Is it possible they envisioned using MDJ as a midfielder, though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Have seen it claimed they blew a lot of money on Marcel de Jong and to a lesser extent Marcus Haber making the rest of the squad smaller and relatively weak in quality compared to what it might otherwise have been, but seems a bit far-fetched to blow a large portion of your budget on a left back.

also issey who has been a sub for them so far this year. none of the massive signings they made have panned out how anyone thought they would so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
A thin squad, a very busy schedule, crazy road trips, and injuries to key players. This is exactly what I feared before the start of the season. Already some of these kids are being forced into a crazy amount of minutes. I really hope there aren't any more long term injuries as a result. 
 
Growing pains for both the league and the club, as I really don't feel like we're getting to watch the best of this team.
Edited by Aird25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the game on a phone while heading to the TSS Rovers game and it looked just awful. Glad to see people agree. On the phone I thought it was never a red or even a foul on Lincourt-Joseph, but Jeff Paulus and Unnamed Trialist are making me want to see it properly.

Obviously Pacific was quite happy with a draw and I don't really blame them. The depth crisis has hit sooner than even the haters predicted and to scratch a point under the circumstances isn't too bad.

Edmonton misses Ameobi. REB just isn't a young colt anymore, he can't lead the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Lord Bob said:

I watched the game on a phone while heading to the TSS Rovers game and it looked just awful. Glad to see people agree. On the phone I thought it was never a red or even a foul on Lincourt-Joseph, but Jeff Paulus and Unnamed Trialist are making me want to see it properly.

Obviously Pacific was quite happy with a draw and I don't really blame them. The depth crisis has hit sooner than even the haters predicted and to scratch a point under the circumstances isn't too bad.

Edmonton misses Ameobi. REB just isn't a young colt anymore, he can't lead the line.

In real time from the camera distance and on a phone it looks like a fair challenge. But the OneSoccer halftime show reviewed it and you can see studs on shin. Took me a few looks but I now agree that it was definitely a red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see how these young kids develop in this environment, but I can't help but think Pacific need Straith, McKendry, and maybe Caleb Clarke (or foreign equivalents thereof). Blasco and McCurdy are nice stories but I didn't expect them to be playing the minutes that they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason Pacific has come into this season with short roster, a core of strong starters, and then young guys and others from university play. So the drop off was going to be harsh. As soon as you lose MDJ you lose a key piece, as obviously he'd be causing havoc up a wing and putting in dangerous balls all day. Haber fixes your opposing CBs and is a threat always (however much he may score).

I wonder if they spent bigger on their marquee guys and that has forced them to go for inexperience to fill in the rest. That Silberbauer is playing teens, even Hernández over Issey, is surprising and I really do not mind. He is getting them game fit and up to pace quickly, and frankly the difference is not huge either, it just alters your capacity to win a game like yesterday handily or just tie. So maybe this will pan out in the longer term, and is a more sustainable solution.

That said, I really do not see our coach as a great tactician, for me he has guys in the right positions, but I am not sure he is amongst the better managers in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as MDJ is an asset, he's a liability against a rapid team like Edmonton. 

Time will tell if Pacific can get it right with the youngsters, but I do feel they need an experienced driving force in the middle with Baldisimo and Verhoeven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KW519 said:

As much as MDJ is an asset, he's a liability against a rapid team like Edmonton. 

Time will tell if Pacific can get it right with the youngsters, but I do feel they need an experienced driving force in the middle with Baldisimo and Verhoeven

I wish we had another option in the middle so we could free Verhoeven up to play his more natural position. As far as I know, he's never played as a holding mid before this season.

Also, MDJ has some experience handling pace. He presence would be nothing but an asset for this young squad, and having him fit would be a game changer for this team defensively and going forward. He's still a very good player. His replacement has also been responsible for several goals against

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, shamrock said:

He clearly goes for the ball, but it was late and hard so Red could be given (yellow would be just fine though). 

Yeah, much as I applauded the red, the PFC supporters at Darcy's Pub generally agreed that we would have taken a Yellow.

The worrying part was that with so much time with the man advantage and possession (crazy stats), we never looked like we had an extra man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...