Sign in to follow this  
gator

Match Thread--May 12th 2019--Forge FC vs Cavalry FC

It’s going to be 6 degrees and raining at game time, feels like 3.  My wife and her friends have all played the veto card so we’re not going.  That’s 6 empty seats but probably fairly representative.  I think it’s going to be a sparse crowd to be honest. 

Why cant we get any decent weather for game day.

Posted (edited)

Big match in the Spring season title race! Chance for Cavalry to establish themselves as the team to beat. Or for Forge to bring them back to earth along with the rest of the CPL, and leave the race wide open. Things change quickly in a ten game season.

My prediction: Forge 2 Cavalry 1

Edited by Lofty

All forge so far. They want to swing in crosses, but the wind is going to make that difficult. 

Borges really is crafty. I'd be interested to see him playing on the wing  instead of the midfield once Bekker is back.

Posted (edited)

Good goal for Forge to make it 1-1. Forge always look like they can score again, but they always look like they will concede again too. 

Edited by maccaliam

Just tuned in 2nd half. How has the ref been so far?

I can't believe she can really pass your standard FIFA fitness test for refs, sorry to say, but if she is calling okay, I'll cut her some slack.

5 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Incredible miss by Calgary there.  How did that not go in.  

Forge is so lucky to not be down 2-1

95% of the posters on this message board could have tapped the ball in from there.

6 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

Where in God's name is everyone? The water droplets on the camera are bad enough, but the empty stadium just makes this look sad. 

Celebrating mothers day and staying home due to rain. 

20 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

Where in God's name is everyone? The water droplets on the camera are bad enough, but the empty stadium just makes this look sad. 

I was assuming they just had the camera on the wrong side of the field to see the crowd, but then they zoomed out and it was pretty much just Barton Street there.

Hope people who have been way up in the stratosphere about the league don't overreact to one bad looking crowd on a very rainy day. It's very difficult to get Canadians to watch soccer in bad weather if you don't give them a roof.

FCE fans have posted on here about how an almost empty stadium happened in Edmonton for some NASL games, while other days there would be several thousands there. CanPL was always likely to have similar fluctuations on actual attendance.

Just got back from some of the most miserable weather I've sat through at THF.  Kudos to those who made it through the whole game as we did only to see Cavalry seize an improbable victory in the final seconds.  Soccer is truly a cruel sport sometimes and for most of the match Cavalry had very little interest in making any attempt to get forward.  A very smart, tactical, well-coached road victory.

I would hazard to guess if we played Cavalry FC 10 times we'd play better soccer in every game but I'm not sure they wouldn't win at least 6.

Defensive lapses are going to kill this Forge FC time but man they are fun to watch when they have the ball. I've always been more attached to beautiful soccer than the 'winning is the only thing' mentality, so maybe I've found my appropriate team in Forge FC!

Huge win for the Cavalry. If we can get another W next weekend against Edmonton it will be hard for anyone to catch up in the short spring season. 

Credit to Cavalry. That is two late show wins in a row. That is not an accident. Teams who play tough for 90 mins tend to win trophies. Big Spring Season lead now.

Posted (edited)

Things  have been brutal for Forge so far with the weather, you couldn't have dialled up worse weather if you tried, the team is playing very poorly and the the buzz is wearing off quite quickly, the BSB section has been great but I'm not sure we will be able to draw in the casual fans as hoped for! Calgary look a good side, probably the best in the league so for, Forge quite frankly look lacking in many apects of the game! 

Edited by gator