Canadians Abroad May 10 - May 16, 2019

Big_M

Cordova: some good interceptions at the back, took some good corners but could have done better with the ball a couple times in the last 40 meters..very comfortable playing on both sides, a little stronger than some others at the back and even on the ball and playing regularly so should have a place in gold cup squad

Lithuania 

Tosaint Ricketts starts against Kauno. Opened the scoring at 11 mins in. 71 minutes in a 3-0 win

Scotland

Millar is on the bench against Hibs. On the field with 11 to go.

Wotherspoon starts against Motherwell

Trafford starts against Ayr

Edited by jordan

Hainault played the entire game for 1. FCK at Würzburg, game ended in 2-0. Elva entered in the 72nd. 

Straith played the whole match for Lotte, but they lost 3-0 at Unterhaching and are now facing relegation. They need a victory next week (last round) and will still have to depend on other results. 

Edited by shamrock

Belarus

Kapor starts against Dinamo Minsk. 72 mins in a 3-1 loss.

Denmark

Rocco Romeo starts against Nykobing, 3-1 loss

Scotland

Arfield starts against celtic. Kamara beats his man and plays It into to Defoe, Defoe lets it pass through his legs which puts Arfield through and slots home Rangers second. 

Edited by jordan

31 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Why would you say his career?  His career isn’t over or anything.  They could be back up again in 1 year.

He said possibly. And he’s right. Very possibly the last premier match or his career. A lot needs to happen for him to get back up, either with cardif or a transfer. 

On another note. Arfield has had a wonderful season for Rangers. I know a lot of us myself included were questioning the move but hes played week in and week out and is in fine form. He’s also got the best celebrations. Hope we get to see some of those in the gold cup. 

Edited by king1010

Hoilett has played 6 premier league seasons on 3 different premier league teams.  He's still only 28.  I expect him to stay with Cardiff City and work to have them promoted again.  He was Cardiff's player of the season two years ago when they were promoted from Championship to Premier league.

Going to be nearly impossible for Besiktas to qualify for Champions League but currently battling Trabzonspor for a better Europa League draw.  With 1st and 2nd nearly impossible to reach, hopefully Larin gets some minutes in the final 3 games.

14 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Going to be nearly impossible for Besiktas to qualify for Champions League but currently battling Trabzonspor for a better Europa League draw.  With 1st and 2nd nearly impossible to reach, hopefully Larin gets some minutes in the final 3 games.

I have a feeling he's played his last games for Besiktas. It's unfortunate but it just isn't working out for him there. 

28 minutes ago, Corazon said:

If they win today they are 4 points back with 2 games to go. Unlikely, but they can technically still win the league. They have to win their remaining games and pray the two teams above them drop points.

By the way, Besiktas are already up 1-0

On 5/12/2019 at 8:32 AM, Corazon said:

Hoilett has played 6 premier league seasons on 3 different premier league teams.  He's still only 28.  I expect him to stay with Cardiff City and work to have them promoted again.  He was Cardiff's player of the season two years ago when they were promoted from Championship to Premier league.

Yeah, I expect him to stick to be honest but I wouldn't rule out another move to stay in the prem. Or even MLS (hope not though). 

He has a coach he likes and he knows believes in him. He will get plenty of play time in the championship while a premier league move will likely see bench time like this year. You never know with Junior but I think he will stay, its probably the smartest move. 

43 minutes ago, Obinna said:

If they win today they are 4 points back with 2 games to go. Unlikely, but they can technically still win the league. They have to win their remaining games and pray the two teams above them drop points.

By the way, Besiktas are already up 1-0

A draw between Galatasary & Basaksehar this weekend and both losing their final game each while Besiktas winning out is the only way.  Not impossible but highly unlikely.

23 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Yeah, I expect him to stick to be honest but I wouldn't rule out another move to stay in the prem. Or even MLS (hope not though). 

He has a coach he likes and he knows believes in him. He will get plenty of play time in the championship while a premier league move will likely see bench time like this year. You never know with Junior but I think he will stay, its probably the smartest move. 

This is exactly why I expect him to stay.  He can dominate the Championship level as he did last season.  The team supports the coach and the coach supports Junior and as you stated they have a good relationship.  To me not worth the risk to move to a low level premier league team and try and beak through there.  Give it another year and work for promotion again.